Thread: Attempted assault......dove opener....

Attempted assault......dove opener....

I can't call it a full all-out assault 'cause this bunch missed WAAAAY more doves than they hit....we had a heck of a time, however.....I restrainted myself, and just watched and laughed at 'em, shooting and missing---a LOT....then, I was relegated to cooking a big pot of Brunswich stew for everyone....I'll do my huntin' and shootin', after the sunflower field settles down in a couple of days.

They totaled about 40 birds, and shot about 10 boxes of shell at 'em....that big dumbazz chocolate lab in the pic stole about a dozen birds outta the Ranger bed, and chewed the h3ll out of 'em.

image.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, that's good fun.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

That looks like a great time Muddy! We did not hunt yesterday as my son had to work. It don't sound like that Lab has the manners that Sandy has?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Cap, I pretty much know about dogs, and I looked that dog over before my son bought him for my g'son....I told them to not buy the dog because he didn't have that trainable "it" personality about him....I call dogs(and some humans, as well) like that "mouth breathers"....they walk around, with a wondering look in their eyes, and breathe with their mouths open all the time....I think it has something to do with not getting enough oxygen to their brain, when they're born.

In a nutshell, this dog is a total failure, and will never amount to anything....I told him he shoulda bought a day'um Kentucky Mountain Cur....you can easily train them to do about anything.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-04-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Dang Muddy! That sounds a lot like what Cheryl says about Cappy when he's out of earshot.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Ohhhhhh sheeeit !!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Bite me Thumper.....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I thought she'd cured him of that humping her leg problem.

Cap, both of my g'sons guests couldn't hit sheeit with their shotguns at any distance....I felt sorry them, so I set out 4 of these Robo-Doves in front of them....the doves starting flying in to them like crazy, and they both ended up with their limits.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    wind blows 40 mph when I'm fishing. When I have my decoys out, it's like i'm in a vacuum, no breeze at all
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Muddy, they say this contraption is better than baiting doves. They are expensive but everyone that has hunted near one says it's a sure thing.
    Could be something to look at...

http://youtu.be/Qx1_NIdyDkw

Now THAT'S cool !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    10 boxes if shells for 40 doves. They are better wing shots than me. I'm death with a rifle but that dumb lab can probably shoot a shotgun better than I can. I used to be a decent wing shot but somehow I lost the ability a long time ago.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Cappy that decoy is cool. I'd like to see something like that with magpies for fooling coyotes. I guarantee it would work!

It probably would. With your ability to paint you could just paint the doves into magpies....you can buy spare birds for the thing.
    They have two models. The more expensive has a remote control. I think they are about 99 bucks for the non-remote model and about 135 for the remote model.

Southern Gentleman

Found another version, while Googling.....a little cheaper, but no remote.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Edge-Trip...-Dove/14504273
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-05-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

That would be them. Seems the only advantage to the remote is to save battery life. But they advertise a set of good batteries will run it for 8 hours. So I really don't see the need in the remote. ???