Thread: Save Our Souls Pussy Whipped!

Save Our Souls Pussy Whipped!

....the rallying cry of males everywhere.

So here's the deal. I am a pretty hard headed and assertive guy.

So why is it every time my wife has a day off, she ends up planning what I need to do that day? Now I love spending time with my sweet wife don't get me wrong. But why is it her schedule trumps my plans for the day?
    It ain't just this woman. Its been every one of them i've dated, lived with, married, or genrally became good friends with. Their priorities are the only priorities.

So I've always just went along, and I'll prolly continue to go along, but it doesn't mean I don't grumble now and them.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Turn in your man-card.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

It is a extremely rare case when Mrs. Captains plans trumps mine.
    We plan vacations together and other than that we do our separate things.
    I hunt and fish and work all the time and on a rare occasion she will what me to do something with her. I generally will unless it's opening day of something.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Ha! My pet peeve is the way I get sucked into every project or chore she says she's going to take on. If I say I'm going to do X around the house, I just go do it and it requires no involvement on my wife's part. For some reason, it never works out the other way around.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Ha! My pet peeve is the way I get sucked into every project or chore she says she's going to take on. If I say I'm going to do X around the house, I just go do it and it requires no involvement on my wife's part. For some reason, it never works out the other way around.
    I don't mind helping her with a project, in fact we make a really good team. We often bite off more than we can chew and many of our projects end up being twice as difficult as we planned (our friends even laugh and call them "Barry-Julie projects"). What really gets me is when I'm neck deep in something I have to get done, I'll get asked to drop whatever it is I'm doing and go 'assist' whatever it is she is doing.

And one more thing. Every tool she uses gets left exactly where it was when she was using it. She reminds me of me when I was a teenager. And she can't pass up a weed in a flower bed without stopping and pulling it out along with 10 others. And leave them where she threw them on my frigging grass. But they're not in the bed!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    What really gets me is when I'm neck deep in something I have to get done, I'll get asked to drop whatever it is I'm doing and go 'assist' whatever it is she is doing. BKB
    This is what I'm mostly peeved about.

What a bunch of little bitches you guys are!

But, I can relate to all of the above, except Cap'n. Still haven't figured out how he got hisself situated like that unless he just married a pretty girl who just flat out doesn't really like him at all
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Sorry BBP can't relate to your problem. Never has been an issue for us. If my wife wants to go do something on one of my days off she usually lets me know well in advance. Otherwise she knows I will likely be fishing, hunting, or working on one of the vehicles. I'm just not all that complex or hard to figure out when it comes to days off.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    All of you except Troy and Cappy

mancard.jpg

I do just what I want just when I want just how I want.

Once I've cleared it with my wife and finished my chores
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I'm more in line with QA than the rest of you dufes
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Um, remind me again when the last time you went hunting? Just curious...

That's a personal choice on my part I actually have family pressing me on producing some jerky and I owe Edley some too so I may have to go find a way to whack a doe here this year. Fishing, hiking and camping dominate my outdoor interests these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    She does, you just dont know!!! lol!!!

Mine is the same, she plans what we are going to do both days we have off but I have told her since the beginning she only get one, so it is constant bickering about that. Also, when she says "we need to do (insert house chore)" it means me... Another occasional point of discontent... However, we are expert at making up!!! best part ever...

This has morphed into a discussion about whether one's wife decides when a person goes hunting or fishing.

Let me point out at one can hunt and fish whenever one wants and as often as one wants, but still be a pussywhipped sumbitch when it comes to hanging around the house.

If one doesn't understand this, then I suspect one doesn't get laid much
    And if I want Julie to know all this, I'll tell her myself, thank you.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

So... To your original question, my woman and I plan our weekends together. Neither one of our wants trumps the other. If something is more important to one of us, the other knows this and gives a little. We usually have alone stuff and always do "us" stuff, too.

Very cosmopolitan!

You do know you're a hipster yuppie don't you?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

borderline metro-sexual too!!!! lol!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    This is how I do

https://youtu.be/Z-4QFYZzLPg

I can't win. Around NOVA I'm a redneck and my redneck friends call me a yuppie. Stools have been shipped overnight to those of you who need them!

Well, to be technical I called you a hipster yuppie. Hipsters are way cooler than your run of the mill yuppies.

So there's that to assuage your self esteem.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    We plan vacations together and other than that we do our separate things.
    I hunt and fish and work all the time and on a rare occasion she will what me to do something with her. I generally will unless it's opening day of something.
    and that is just pretty much how I do that.. almost to a t.. except the "work" part..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

. Maynard G Krebbs in retirement.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Well, to be technical I called you a hipster yuppie. Hipsters are way cooler than your run of the mill yuppies.

So there's that to assuage your self esteem.
    BKb
    I don't have a powerful enough facial hair presence to be a hipster in these parts. Plus I'm not an asshat that thinks I'm different by dressing like the other hipster asshats.

Dang, not fully redneck, not fully yuppie and not fully hipster. I need a new genus to which I can assign myself and know my true identity. I mean, how else can I self-identify to the point where I can see micro-aggressions aimed at me? Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I can't win. Around NOVA I'm a redneck and my redneck friends call me a yuppie. Stools have been shipped overnight to those of you who need them!
    Is that the same as "a/c - d/c"?