My daughter and her husband are here as they live near Savannah and had to clear out.
We have had hard rain and heavy winds here all day. So far we have had 6" of rain and it's still coming down. Both ocean piers near Myrtle Beach are gone. Just heard from our Duck hunting club they are getting hammered right now and one of the pumps that keeps the corn fields from flooding is not working so we may loose all our bait, errr corn. 14 inches there and still pouring.
The wind has changed now and instead of blowing hard out of the east it is now coming from the west and MUCH calmer.
Glad my daughter came home, two have been killed in her county in Georgia and her home is still without power.
Neighbors at the SC farm called and everyone has been without power since 8 this morning. Much harder wind there too. Lots of trees down according to them. The problem is the trees still have all their leaves and it allows them to catch a lot of wind. I'll be headed down about 5 in the morning to check all fences and cows.
Not 6 weeks ago I had a whole home generator installed on that house also. So at least I know the well has been working all day.