Thread: My Monday epiphany.....

My Monday epiphany.....

Southern Gentleman

Man I hope not!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

One thing I think we can all agree on.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I can totally see myself doing that.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I can totally see myself flopping face down in the water while my light weight walker floats merrily down the stream
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I can also totally see myself doing that, too hopefully I'll be able to crawl back to shore.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Actually, we have a guy in our fly fishing group that does that. He has a table on the top part to put stuff or even rest a little. He has been fishing with us for years and about 4 years ago his health turn out to the worst but he is still fishing. The guys with the large rafts that will float on thin water took him fishing the last day so he could cover more water. These guys are guides so he got the first rate service a paying customer will get but of course for free.

True story: An old friend of mine from the 80's and 90's was a hotshot young tournament fisherman back in the day. He always drove the fastest boats and went balls out e erywhere he went. One February Sunday morning on Keystone Lake he hit a mostly submerged log and ended up getting thrown out of his boat, no lifejacket on. He wasn't hurt bad, but he knew he had to get out of the water as it was probably 45 degrees or so. He survived to tell the tale and walked a couple of miles to a church. He said the part that almost killed him was getting onto the bank. The bank was fairly steep and solid mud and he couldn't get a purchase to haul himself out of the water. He said it took until he knew he only had a couple more tries.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!