Thread: No Joy in Mudville

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

No Joy in Mudville

I'm beginning to know how the fans of those Braves teams back in 90's must have felt. All-in-all a good season that exceeded preseason expectations, but it sure would be nice to make it out of the NLDS one if these years.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I hate the Dodgers only a little less than I hate the Cubs.

As a baseball fan, Toronto is my team this year now that the Nats are gone, and thats only because I like Tulowitszi.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    How's the yanks doing in the playoffs?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I'm pulling for a Cubs v. Cleveland matchup. Not because I like either team. But, at least one team's fan base will have to STFU about how long it's been since they won a championship.

I don't follow base-a-ball as much as the die hards but that was a tough loss last night. Had some pretty damn exciting and tense moments, though. When they brought Kershaw out I was like "daaaaammmmnnnnn"!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Dusty's getting a lot of grief for either sending Scherzer back out for the 7th and/or pulling him after the first pitch homer. (Personally, I'd have left him in.) But, Dusty didn't go 1 for 11 with RISP. It was also Jason Werth, who I respect as a ball player, that struck out twice with a man on 3rd and one out - not Dusty.

Plenty of things to point to last night but ultimately it reflects on Dusty. The 3rd base coach that sent Werth home when he didn't have a chance in hell should be hung in the public square. That was embarrassing to watch. Having Werth on 3rd would have been a very good thing.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Y'all can love up on Dusty Baker all you want. I'd prefer he stays out of circulation.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!