Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invest in pork bellies.....

Invest in pork bellies.....

Arby's has got a winner....this sumbuck is awesome !!!

Arby's Smoked Pork Belly Sammich

image.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I'd eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I'd eat that.
    Famous Donald Trump quote.......

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Famous Donald Trump quote.......

BKb
    No Barry....Grab em by the pussy is his quote.....

Edit: but yea....I'd grab that and eat it/ heck yea!
    Last edited by airbud7; 10-15-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Did I say Trump? I meant Thump!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Did I say Trump? I meant Thump!

BKB
    That's an understandable mistake. They do look a lot alike.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

What a bunch'a culinary misfits around this joint! I never could stomach Arby's in the first place ... the meat always tasted like thinly sliced, steamed, pressed beef! YUCK! I can't vouch for this new sammich and seriously doubt I'd ever try it in the first place. Heck, I live in the south and am surrounded by elebenty-bazillion REAL open-pit BBQ joints. What would be the point? Unless you're some GENUINE BBQ deprived Yankee who wouldn't know the difference between a pulled pork sammich and a Sloppy-Joe dished out of a Dairy Queen crock-pot. That said, I think Arby's would be at the very bottom of my bucket list for BBQ ... just one step above a McD's (formed and pressed from a "toothpaste-like" pork-parts slurry) McRib sammich.

And while I'm on my soapbox, what's with this trend these days with piling fries and/or onion rings on the burger? I was traveling a year or so ago and whipped into a Burger King for a quick bite to eat. I was at the drive-thru and the voice in the box asked if I wanted to try their new "French Fry Burger" (I thought she said french fries AND burger). I didn't even think about it, was in a hurry and just said "sure". (I figured it would be a burger with a giant order of fries or sumpin') They handed me a dang hamburger with a foot of fries and a burger patty stacked between the buns! WTF????

Youse dufes need some serious culinary training. In the meantime, I need to get back into some professional SD'ing. Vacation is now officially over for youse bozos around this joint so you'd better be on your toes.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    The Real BBQ is here in the Carolinas

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    What a bunch'a culinary misfits around this joint! I never could stomach Arby's in the first place ... the meat always tasted like thinly sliced, steamed, pressed beef! YUCK! I can't vouch for this new sammich and seriously doubt I'd ever try it in the first place. Heck, I live in the south and am surrounded by elebenty-bazillion REAL open-pit BBQ joints. What would be the point? Unless you're some GENUINE BBQ deprived Yankee who wouldn't know the difference between a pulled pork sammich and a Sloppy-Joe dished out of a Dairy Queen crock-pot. That said, I think Arby's would be at the very bottom of my bucket list for BBQ ... just one step above a McD's (formed and pressed from a "toothpaste-like" pork-parts slurry) McRib sammich.

And while I'm on my soapbox, what's with this trend these days with piling fries and/or onion rings on the burger? I was traveling a year or so ago and whipped into a Burger King for a quick bite to eat. I was at the drive-thru and the voice in the box asked if I wanted to try their new "French Fry Burger" (I thought she said french fries AND burger). I didn't even think about it, was in a hurry and just said "sure". (I figured it would be a burger with a giant order of fries or sumpin') They handed me a dang hamburger with a foot of fries and a burger patty stacked between the buns! WTF????

Youse dufes need some serious culinary training. In the meantime, I need to get back into some professional SD'ing. Vacation is now officially over for youse bozos around this joint so you'd better be on your toes.
    This from a guy that eats hog snot and crap
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    The Real BBQ is here in the Carolinas
    Amen brother!
    Since BBQ was born in the Carolina the rest is just playing catch-up

The problem with Carolina style is, it means different things to different people. Even Carolineans. To me, "Carolina Style" means vinegar based. But in the Western part of NC, it's tomato based and when you get to the very southern part (and into SC/Ga) it's mustard based (my least favorite). Throw in Memphis, KC and Texas, and it can get confusing. For the record, I like 'em ALL, but Memphis or KC are probably my favorites.

Oh, and to throw in even more controversy, ya' GOT'S ta' have slaw on yer sammich! (Thank you Memphis!)

I'd still eat that.

It's not really your fault Johnboy and I can totally understand. What would a Canuckian know about BBQ anyway?

I know what I like - not too sweet; not too vinegary; smokey; coleslaw on the side. Oh yeah, a nice cold beer to go with it. I'd eat that.

To be quite yonest, I've never met a barbeque region that I didn't like to some extent, Carolina style included.

Arkansas has a variation of the Carolina style with something I've always called and heard called an Arkansas Pig Sammich. Its pulled pork on a bun with a dollop of cole slaw and some semi-hot barbecue sauce on it.

Larrupin'!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

To be honest P-hole, I agree whole-heartedly with your first sentence.

Cole slaw on BBQ sandwiches BLASPHEMOUS I tell you...
    y'all are uncouth

48 years ago, I'd have agreed with you Cappy. Shortly after moving to Memphis, I ordered a BBQ pork sammch for lunch and they served it to me with coleslaw ... ON the sammich! When I questioned it, they said I should have told them to hold the slaw. (I thought it would be on the side) I'd never heard of such a thing. I was kinda pissed because I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to order another one. After one bite, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I then learned, in Memphis, they put slaw on your sammich automatically unless you tell them not to. FYI, I've never eaten a BBQ sammich without slaw on it since the summer of '68! Depending on where I am, I may order slaw as a side and add it to the sammich (along with the sauce) before I eat it.

Arby's beef and cheddar has little prices of heaven cut up and served insid the sammich. Buncha morons!

Arbys? seriuosly?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Arby's gags me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Arby's gags me.
    IMG_1565.JPG
    Some of that nasty snot slimy crap you stuff in your pie hole, if you can swallow that crap Arby's would be mana from heaven.

So you eat raw octopus. But a fried bacon sandwich is bad?

One of the odd things that Iowegians eat are what they call loose meat sandwiches. There was a loose meat sandwich place called Maid Rite right next to our motel. Think sloppy joe without the sloppy.

Weird.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'm not a food snob, I'll eat just about anything. I think Arby's is the best sandwich on the market. Of course, I like octopus too.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I like Arby's but they have a similar roast beef sammie place in Missouri called Lion's Choice that puts all the rest to shame. Honest injun.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    If you want a roast beef sandwich, go to Chicago and get an Italian beef. Not sure what Larke is talking about be caused NC us where I learned to put Coke slaw on my barbecue sandwich. If course that was "down east" vinegar based BBQ.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    One of the odd things that Iowegians eat are what they call loose meat sandwiches. There was a loose meat sandwich place called Maid Rite right next to our motel. Think sloppy joe without the sloppy.

Weird.

BKB
    I remember Maid Rites well from when I was a kid and we would visit family friends in Iowa. They had them in Minnesota too when we used to go there fishing.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    cold slaw was created with fried fish and chicken in mind. Potato salad and baked beans are made for barbecue
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    If you want a roast beef sandwich, go to Chicago and get an Italian beef. Not sure what Larke is talking about be caused NC us where I learned to put Coke slaw on my barbecue sandwich. If course that was "down east" vinegar based BBQ.
    "Coke slaw", "be caused NC us where" and "If course";
    I think you been in the "tea" tonight.
    Remember Childern, drinking and posting may be harmful to you health!