Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College educated???

College educated???

I'm getting a bit tired of the press referring to Hillary voters being predominantly "college educated" while the Trump supporters are generally referred to as "blue collar" or "rural".

From what I've seen and heard from college students the past few days, I'm feeling a bit proud to be within the "basket of deplorables".

STFU and get back to school you damned spoiled-ass cry-babies!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I noticed that a lot the night of the election. They referred to Hillary voters as the "college educated" and the Trump voters as "those with less education". Maybe I was being a bit sensitive but the way they were saying it, it made me feel like they were really calling the Trump voters dumb.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Watching Fareed Zakaria on CNN right now and he has two guests from different polling companies for a 3-way discussion. They think some of the polls were off due to the fact many of them thought Hillary would have more of the "more educated" Republicans voting for her. WTF?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Universities used to be bastions of free thought and innovative ideas. Today, from what I've seen and read it is the opposite. Toe the line, think what we tell you is correct or else.

I have a high school education but have worked with many college educated people and never felt that I was outclassed in the thinking department, no matter the prejudice against me.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I used to work with a guy kind of indirectly. He actually worked for another department. He had a Phd and several master's degrees. He had been an engineer for Ford but really wanted to be a cop. His wife divorced him when he graduated from the academy. She had told him she was going to when he started and followed through with it.

That man obviously very smart but had absolutely no common sense and had no business being a cop. He ended quitting after a few years.

Kinda proves being book smart isn't everything.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Two of the best educated people I know don't have college degrees and two of the least educated people I know have advanced degrees. The two best are life long learners and readers and I'd be shocked if the two least have even read a book since they graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I don't have a degree but consider myself far from uneducated. I have gotten many comments over the years that amount to "wow, I wouldn't have guessed you were uneducated." Or worse. It rubs me the wrong way sometimes if I feel there was judgement sent my way. Most times I don't give a flip.

It's microagression toward uneducated racist bigots!

All I can say is books are good.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I prolly have enough hours if I gathered them all up at Community College of the Air Force, the two years I spent as a music major in jr college and all the hours I took at community colleges in Tampa, Dallas, and Denison, Tx for an associates or two. But I'm probably prouder of the second class FCC license I got in '77. It was the CCNA of its time back in the day.

Not having a degree didn't seem to hold me back in my career until the last few years with Verizon where they love their MBAs. Good riddance. I forgot more about telecom than those smarmy bastards will ever know. But I'm not bitter. Much.

Still, its foolish to be upset about being called umeducated by the media or anyone else. We're all captains of our own boats. I respect folks that have 'em because they started something and finished that was kind of difficult. But so did I.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I have a Core i7 5960K @ 4.6.....Get Some!!!!

Whut?
    Viva Renaldo!

?????
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Whut?
    take another puff Bro...........

I ain't the one typing gibberish fuckstick.

Puff on this.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I ain't the one typing gibberish fuckstick.

Puff on this.

BKb
    Sorry Barry/ Love you Bro.........I Just woke up and posted the first thing on my head....

Love Ya'll..
    Last edited by airbud7; 11-13-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Haha, its no biggie.

I think you might be in the wrong thread.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I guess he's saying he has a computer and doesn't need a degree. Or sumpin' like that.

He's talkin' about a hot processor the gamers use. (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    He's talkin' about a hot processor the gamers use. (I think)
    Only NASA and me ^......gamers can only wish!...

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Intellectuals have long considered themselves the gentry of the world. Bunch of goobers for the most part, don't know shirt from shinola. When the zombie apocalypse comes, they'd be the first ones eaten or starve to death
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Can't disagree with that!

Right on, QA!

So the general drift here is that knowledge, education, and trying to better ones self makes a person not worth a shit.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Surprise surprise.

And history repeats.

Enjoy your revolution comrades.

Down with the intellectuals!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Common sense rules all/

I believe the whole point is, the Liberals don't believe there's any such thing as an educated Conservative. Even as I was watching that show on CNN today, they referred to the Democratic voters as "college educated", but the Conservatives they thought would vote for Hillary, were referred to as "the more educated Republicans". It's like they can't say the words "radical Islam" and now can't say "college educated Republicans". It's like they believe those are non-existent. I'd say that makes them arrogant ass-holes as far as I'm concerned.

Arrogant assholes abound. Your boy Rump, for example, a graduate of a prestigious business school.

But talk of anti-intellectualism is dangerous. Ask the millions of teachers, professors, scientists, and so on killed by Stalin. A whole bunch of Armenian academics were slaughtered right around the time WWI started. Pol Fucking Pot and the Kmer Rouge massacred as many of the higher educated as they could. The list goes on and on and on.

America was built on the foundation that everyone has an equal chance and everyone is entitled to the dignity that they earn. That equally includes the ones who worked hard to earn academic degrees and the ones that build automobiles in factories.
    And there are as many dumb fuck assholes as there are intellectual ones.

So lets get back to blaming participation trophies as the root of all evil shall we?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Wow, you sure brought back some memories here P-hole. I headed (with two others) the Cambodian mission and Saloth Sar (Pol Pot) was a major target of mine. I even taped a pic of Sar on the face of a piece of my equipment. I've been to Phnom Penh (and Siem Reap) and have personally witnessed the stacks of skeletons and giant piles of skulls. I have pics around here someplace. Sar was a brutal mf'er.

I have a cool story about a (sniper) assassination attempt, but I honestly don't know if it's declassified or not. I personally examined the pockmark in a stone column made by the missed shot. I was going to get a photo of it, but had a Commie "minder" with me at the time. (I worked the Cambodian mission for two years).

Barry, I respect you greatly but you seem to be determined to take the worst possible interpretation of whatever anyone not of your particular political bent happens to say.

You are sounding bitter and it don't suit you. Peace, love, dove man.

Retirement made him crotchety.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    My baby is in his second year going for a PHD in chemical engineering. He already has a BA in in physics and chemistry. His education far exceeds 90+% of the American people. He's in San Francisco right now presenting some kind of research he's been working on in the lab. Yet he tempers his education with logic and never looks down on people because they have a lesser education. He doesn't consider himself more worthy than the layman when it comes to decision making. He utilizes his intellect without wielding it like a club as do many academics/politicians/lawyers/professors. Having an education is a wonderful thing, it brings about many innovative ideas to benefit us all. Many people may specialize or even excel in a particular field but that doesn't make them a know it all in every field or give them any special rights. Big deal if you can figure PI to a thousand places in your head, can you change your own oil? So what if you can translate ancient Sanskrit, can you put a new belt on your washer? Education is useful in it's place but it's not the end all achievement and doesn't entitle you to anything except maybe the right to be an authority in your own field. Some of the dumbest people on earth have a degree in something or the other.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein