Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College educated???

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    dam qa^.....that was beautiful bro....

Why Did The Page Change???
    Last edited by airbud7; 11-14-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Mankind is us............everything else is well>......something else.

Excellent post Q/A, and so true. I have a family member with a degree who can barely spell his name. (Spellcheck hasn't always been around, but is his best friend these days) Personally, I attended college as a Mech. Engineering major and was also working part time. (I didn't have time to protest elections) Prob. is, we had this thing called the Vietnam Conflict going on at the time and I decided it would be a smart move to get the military out of the way, then finish school on the GI Bill. Once I got home, making a living got in the way of going for my degree.

It never really became an issue as I already knew I didn't really want to be an engineer. The main reason I chose the major was my high grades, my interest in mechanics and the fact Engineering was "the thing to do" in those days. I had a pretty successful career regardless, had tons of job related training through various trade related schools/classes, and eventually started my own business which was very successful for 20 years. I have no regrets, but I do resent being referred to by a certain political party as "uneducated". That said, I do respect the work and dedication it takes to earn a degree, but I've pretty much made up my mind it's really not totally necessary unless you're entering a "professional" field.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Arrogant assholes abound. Your boy Rump, for example, a graduate of a prestigious business school.

But talk of anti-intellectualism is dangerous. Ask the millions of teachers, professors, scientists, and so on killed by Stalin. A whole bunch of Armenian academics were slaughtered right around the time WWI started. Pol Fucking Pot and the Kmer Rouge massacred as many of the higher educated as they could. The list goes on and on and on.

America was built on the foundation that everyone has an equal chance and everyone is entitled to the dignity that they earn. That equally includes the ones who worked hard to earn academic degrees and the ones that build automobiles in factories.
    And there are as many dumb fuck assholes as there are intellectual ones.

So lets get back to blaming participation trophies as the root of all evil shall we?

BKB
    Dude, the backlash here is from people who have been labelled as uneducated, racist, hick, uninformed, xenophobic, islamaphobic, bigoted and hateful simple because they voted for a candidate that was cut from a different cloth. THAT group is the group that has been attacked and put down. This is not anti-intellectualism, this is a finger in the eye of urban-centric self-important fucks who think they know what's best for the entire nation.

Hint: They don't

Come on, man!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I do find it offensive that the media constantly refers to HRC supporters as well educated, and those that don't have college degrees as uneducated. It's a blatant dig by the media and very intentional. A degree does not make one more intelligent or less intelligent. It does however mean that one finished something that was relatively difficult. If it was easy everyone would have a degree. Others chose a military career, tech school, apprenticeships, or the school of hard knocks. None of it is super easy or defines one's intelligence. Me, I'm well educated in terms of formal education. The only degree left for me to get in progression is a Phd. It wouldn't take me very long to get it, but I'm not particularly interested in earning one, at this point in my life. That said, HRC was a no-go for me. Not because she is a woman, not because she didn't understand politics, not because twice as ugly as an ape, it's because I 100% do not trust her. She should not have been allowed to run, point blank and period. It's truly sad that the final two choices were both poor choices, and that the democratic candidate was not a realistic choice for many Americans, myself included. This is the first time I've ever voted to keep someone out of office, rather than what I wanted to see as a president.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Dude, the backlash here is from people who have been labelled as uneducated, racist, hick, uninformed, xenophobic, islamaphobic, bigoted and hateful simple because they voted for a candidate that was cut from a different cloth. THAT group is the group that has been attacked and put down. This is not anti-intellectualism, this is a finger in the eye of urban-centric self-important fucks who think they know what's best for the entire nation.

Hint: They don't

Come on, man!
    Well, the candidate they voted for is racist, uninformed, xenophobic, islamaphobic, bigoted and hateful simple. So what the fuck? Plus people are 'claiming' to be offended by a media that they have steadfastly said was wrong from the beginning.

Sorry you got your feels hurt, okay?

bKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Can you give me proof of his racism or Islamaphobia outside of campaign rhetoric? Are there examples of him not hiring people for his companies due to race, gender or religion? If he did hire them did he treat them different, pay them less or otherwise mistreat them?
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement lists name calling as the lowest type of argument in a disagreement.

Yes, DD, he was fined for not allowing black people to rent his apartments in his buildings twice. He said he couldn't get a fair trial in his Trump U lawsuit because he was Mexican. As for his Islamaphobia, the only thing we have is he said he will stop all Islamic immigration. His buildings were built using undocumented workers, with below average pay, bad safety equipment, and only paid sporadically. There's plenty of documented evidence of his feelings about people of other races and staus. In short, he is the elitist everyone is claiming to get their feelings hurt by.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Name calling? Whom?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I only wish I was half as smart as ya'll folk and I am proud to be a member here/.... On a side note anyone here got a front cap for a zebco 33?....mine fell off the truck yesterday.

Which year? The old ones or the new ones?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Look you guys, I have no problem if you all lined up HRC and Trump side by side, compared their flaws and decided to go with Trump. But, don't try to whitewash the documented history of the things he's done and said. If you do that, you're no better than the Clinton apologists. Just freaking own your choice.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I might have a newer one if I didn't throw it away when the reel crapped out on me. They don't make those 33's like they used to.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Pretty bad when he was still a better choice than the alternative, that says more about HRC than it does about anything. Both are scum, one is just slightly less toxic.

Saying people that voted for a Candidate has those same flaws is just dishonest and lazy. There are some perspectives that would call that specific behavior, bullying. Bullying and shaming. Shame on you bullies!

If one is gen-you-wine-lee interested to know why many people voted for Trump, there's lots of very solid, logical reasons for doing so.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

This is all hog-wash
    Trump = Savior
    Hillary = Devil
    There is that the way you think I think Posty.
    If so you ain't remembering very well. I've been lock step with Thumper and Big Sky one this one.
    But I am genuinely damn glad Hillary lost!
    That is one lying, evil bitch.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

That's just like, your opinion man.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

My opinion with a shit Load of evidence behind it.
    No way there could be that much smoke without fire under it.
    And your view of my opinions are your opinion!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Speaking of smoke.... BBP seems a little more mellower now.

No, I've given up on you deplorables.

I did go to see the doc and then worked out. So I'm high on endorphins.

Fuckstick.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

douchebagsayswhat?