Barry, somewhere I read that part of the intention was to lower the out of state hunters numbers as they feel they encroach and take the best opportunities from the local boys. Of course, it is not phrase that way but is the intention, I wish I had bookmarked that site.... Other than that I think it is an attempt at force the state hunters into a light QDM status and in the mean time generate more revenue... I think they are delusional if they think the changes are going to promote that.... Oh, out of the 17 members we have I have yet to see more than 1 SC license plate, the overwhelming membership is from NC and some of these folks have been hunting this lease for close to 30 years.... I might pay my club dues to stay on it, these are really fine folks and I really like our setup and off season I can go and target shoot 500 yards. Club fees are $450 average, so it is not really much more than many shooting clubs here. I might skip the hunting lic all together. Give them a year or 2 of thinking on what have they done and see if they decide to give the same amount of tags to the non residents...

Cappy, not sure if owning land will put you in the same level as a resident. Obviously if you get your SC lic then you are in but then loose everything that NC lic gives you including hunting NC as a resident price. Not sure if you get a lifetime license before the change from NC to SC resident will benefit you. I have a friend which got the SC lifetime lic before moving to NC and he still have to get the big game license at non-resident prices and would have to pay the same stuff as I would do....
I agree with you, this law is not going to make the hunter that owns land and process his own deer change unless he is willing, it is just going to turn them into criminals.... Worst thing can happen is they go "if it is brown is down" type mentality just out of spite.... Good ol warden cant cover all the properties effectively.