Thread: Boat product info. please....

Boat product info. please....

A good while back I saw a product advertised for eliminating the moisture from underneath the canvas canopy of a covered/stored boat or pontoon....just can't seem to remember where I saw it.

A couple of weeks ago, when I removed the cover on my pontoon, there was a bit of mildew on the tops of the seats, along with a musky odor....we got all of that cleaned up with very little effort.

However, I know that after the next time the pontoon is taken onto the lake, the carpet always gets wet from kids climbing on and off, outta the water from swimming/skiing....I try to let it dry out before replacing the cover, but we are usually in a hurry to leave for home, and the carpet never completely dries out.

Anyone ever seen a product like that advertised, or got a more simple solution???

Thanks.
    Southern Gentleman

Seafoam???
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I have a buddy with a similar challenge, he wound up putting a small fan under the cover and putting it on a timer to keep it from running 24/7, Other than moving air thru, nothing else he tried worked.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Geez. I spend hours and hours looking for a 110v a/c alternating timer, and your buddy has one.

Ed, I don't know how to handle that one. That's a new one on me.

I keep my boat under carport. I got to thinking about this new pop-up and taking my boat to a campground for days on end. My boat is my 'fishing storage system'. Everything I own and use is in it. I suppose I'd need to haul my boat cover (used one time) when I go camping.......but I hate that thing. And yeah, it did same thing yours did but worse, the ONE time I used it.........it got condensation inside my Sonar/Depthfinder. Ticked me off.

I don't know the answer, but I'm monitoring this to see what you find.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Niner, I left myself wide-open for that one, didn't I???
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    We have the same problem with our ski boat. It's docked at my Mom's house and there are times when it goes for a couple of weeks without being uncovered. It gets really bad if there has been a lot of rain, since she's not able to uncover it and run the bilge pump after the rain is done. I'd like a solution to this too!
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Okay, I've done the research from several boating websites, and I think good ole WalMart has the least expensive solution...I'm gonna buy several of them before going the fan route:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15033111?w...l5=pla&veh=sem

0007591900090_300X300.jpg

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...r-Dryr&i=20425

20425_L1.jpg

http://www.automotion.com/catalogsea...-z-air&x=8&y=9

P899001.jpg

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...e+moisture+bag

13813225.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

That Damp Rid stuff might be just what I need for my safe until I can get one of those plug-in thingies like Cap'n posted on my thread. Everybody's back-ordered on them right now.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I was thinking the same thing Conine....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I have a ski boat that sits out of the water and I don't have this problem.
    3 things......

1: I let it dry out before putting my cover on (after we have had it out on the water. Since we live 290 feet from a 40,000 acre lake that's pretty much every weekend.

2: I keep the plug out and keep the bow wayyyy UP. That drains everything naturally running the right way.

3: I bought a 590$ custom boat cover. Not only keeps it dry but protect all my vinyl from uv rays.

In the winter ( like now) I throw a tarp on top of the cover and that's added protection.
    No issues.

I betcha you have no electronics under that tarp.........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

A garmin and a transducer.

Transducer is not electronic, is it?

When I put on a tarp, it put condensation in my depthfinder. How does yours not? Isn't that the issue Ed is having?

If I could figure that out, I could leave the boat outside and under a boat cover.

Well, I'll just be darned....my local Walmart didn't have any DampRid, so I was fixing to just order it online, and guess what I found???

It also comes in an RV and Boat formulation....just what I need!!!!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/DampRid-RV...orber/16627481

DampRid RV and Boat Moisture Absorber - $9.82

0007591900050_300X300.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 02-26-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

I had no idea.

Thanks so much!!!!