Thread: Hey JB!

Hey JB!

Why don't you and Kay come on down for some nice weather? We have tickets for a Lettermen concert on 3/10. I don't know if anyone else here is old enough to know who they are! Remember the days you could actually understand the words to a song?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Wow Thump, what a nice offer.
    FL was always a winter trip for us for over 20 years, about 4 years ago Kay said she had enough, really ended up hating the trip.
    About the last 6 years we drove down there we would pick up 77 in Cleveland and end up at Larkes place for a couple of nights before we got to FL. Kay just got sick of the traffic, lines waiting for a restaurants, and all those damn snowbirds running around. As kids we lived on the beach, as old folks the beach was for a morning walk and a sunset, the thrill of a deep tan was gone.
    We have both lived all our lives in MI, so winter was just another season, and we now have 8 grand kids living in town.
    I do miss it a little, I liked the drive, would go from cold winter, through early spring and then into summer all in about 3 days.
    Our travel days are over and that's OK for us.
    Thanks again for the offer, I love the Letterman's song "Moments to Remember", reminds me of our college days.
    Enjoy the concert.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWv5zuoskJ8
    Last edited by jb; 02-07-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me