Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer damaged car

And always remember to always see a doctor for an erection lasting more than four hours.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Now THAT is a boffo idea.

This post made in jest, for sole purpose of humor, and is not to be taken seriously, or cause you to call me names.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    And in true GH fashion, this thread morphed into a 'discussion' on the capabilities and reliability of Toyota vehicles when it isn't actually even about Toyota. It was about what to do when the dealer, any dealer, damages a vehicle left in their care. How much jumping up and down and screaming incoherently should a person do?

Not really sure Johnboy. I gave you my answer, but that doesn't mean you can't ask (nicely) for some sort of "compensation". Like you mentioned ... a few free oil changes or services ... whatever. They've really done their part and as an outsider looking in, you've been taken care of. As a car owner myself, I can TOTALLY relate to YOUR feelings.

Back when we were driving BMW's, Lynn was on her way to work and was hit by a dude who ran a red light. The insurance company fixed the car and I know for a fact, they did an excellent job (I checked it with a fine-toothed comb), I got screwed at trade-in time. We went in to trade on another BMW and the dealer gigged us on the trade-in value because the LF fender had been replaced (no VIN on the part). I told the dealer to shove his appraisal where the sun don't shine and traded it for a Corvette. (that dealer never mentioned the fender)

So, from experience, I know exactly what your problem is. Maybe, in my case, I should have asked the insurance company for the cash difference given at trade-in ... but I doubt it'd have gone anywhere. It sucks no matter how you look at it.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    And always remember to always see a doctor for an erection lasting more than four hours.

BKB
    . If you have an erection for 4 hours you don't need a doctor you need a vagina.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    . If you have an erection for 4 hours you don't need a doctor you need a vagina.
    Not according to my experiences.

You need about twelve of the things.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

One of my favorite lines from Lonesome Dove, said by a whore that just shot a patron........"if you can't squirt your squirt in two minutes you don't need a whore you need a doctor!"

BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post

BKB

If I have an erection lasting more than four hours I'm going on Youtube, David Letterman and Oprah
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Huh?? Now I'm confused. Aren't erections SUPPOSED to last 4 hours or more? Are you sayin' there's sumpin' wrong with me?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Huh?? Now I'm confused. Aren't erections SUPPOSED to last 4 hours or more? Are you sayin' there's sumpin' wrong with me?
    Jimbo,

Having one in you doesn't count.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

^LIKE^

Youse guys need to go borrow Cappy's stool ... he doesn't need it.

Cause he has a stump?