Thread: Changing gears a little on guns.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Changing gears a little on guns.

Unlike Bucky, I have to many deer rifles that I don't use. Over my 50 years of deer hunting I figured I always needed just one more, little faster, longer distance, latest craze, ect till I had about a dozen rifles. Now, when I do go out for my 2 1/2 days of hunting I usually just grab my 308 do all rifle. If I decide to go out west again I'll either take the 308 or maybe the 270.
    I've already sold my 338mag and gave a few more to #3, but the rest will slowly be sold off till I'm left with just those two.
    In the mean time my interest has gone to handguns, more so to the old Cowboy guns of my youth. It started with my redoing the Colt SAA I had, then buying the Ruger Bisley in 357, then buying the Colt reproduction 3rd Model Dragoon.
    After reading and cruising the internet I decided what I really needed was some history in a handgun. So, looking around I found one that met my interest and purchased this one.
    Colt 1860 Army, from the SN it's about 151 years old, still in good shape and I guess I could shoot it if I wanted. Anyway it's one hell of a conversation piece and just holding it I wish it could talk and tell me where it's been all these years. Hell, for all I know, it could have shot one of Captains kin during the Civil War.
    Not done with my collecting yet, but it's a place to spend the $$$ I get for all the deer rifles I no longer use.
    Last edited by jb; 02-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me