I opened my news page to this headline this morning.

Covid-19 decimated Black women-owned businesses

Ummm, this little town has seen dozens of small businesses fold up during this covid mess. One was a very popular Asian Buffet that we frequent (or used to). It was owned by a Chinese family. The other was a small mom & pop restaurant that's been a staple in town for a bazillion years. They threw in the towel, were forced into early retirement and found they could not sell a small mom & pop restaurant during these times ... who'd be fool enough to buy a business that can't operate and has already decimated the long-time business owners? (who happen to be Hispanic BTW) That's just a very small example, but there are tons of them out there and there are also WHITE owned business that have gone down the tubes due to Covid, I simply mentioned a couple I have personal experience with.

My question is, why doesn't the above headline simply say something along the line of, "Covid-19 decimated small, independently owned businesses", or something similar? The article goes on to state that special monetary considerations should be given to these "black women-owned businesses". To me ... but I'm just an ignorant dufus .... that says "racism" (black) AND "sexism" (women) in one short headline. ALL small businesses are hurting ... why should it matter who owns them?

Ok, my rant is over ... I'm goin' camping!