We sold the motorhome and now it's time to do a bit of International traveling. Looks like the end of this year will be busy as we'll be traveling in Sept, Oct, Nov. and Dec! (technically)

We'll be leaving early Tuesday AM for California and will spend a couple of weeks with family and visiting old friends. Today, I'm on the P/C planning an outing for Nov/Dec.

I LOVE to cruise and just enjoy being aboard the ship and on the open sea, so I've always wanted to take a repositioning cruise. The cruise lines follow the seasons .. for example, the ships that do the Alaskan cruises may move on down to South America in the Fall, cruise through the winter, then return to Alaska in the Spring. Some of the lines cruising the Mediterranean, for example, may move to the Caribbean for the wither months. There's nothing I like more than sitting out on the balcony watching the ocean go by. Kind of like staring at a campfire or fireplace ... it has a soothing effect. Soooo, I'm booking a trans-Atlantic cruise today. The plan is to fly to Rome on Thanksgiving Day, then spend a couple days kicking around Rome and stuffing my piehole with pasta, then catching a cruise back to the states. We'll cruise out of Rome (Civitavecchia). then make a few stops in Spain along the way (Civitavecchia, Malaga and Cadiz/Seville), then on to Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. Then cross the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.

We'll drive to Lauderdale, leave our car there, fly to Rome, play tourist, cruise back, pick up our car and drive home. I can't think of a better way to spend 2-1/2 weeks. It's kind of nice since, for about 30 years, ALL of my Thanksgiving holidays were reserved for deer hunting back in the day. TBH, I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would.