A couple of days after Niner left and a couple of days before Arty got here to hunt I COMPLETELY tore out my rotator cuff in my right arm! I'm talking about not even able to lift it. I have not mentioned it because I wanted Atry to come on and his son to kill a deer. His son was really looking forward to the trip... I know Arty probably thought something as I did not go out fishing with them as I could not cast a rod. But I just made excuses that I need to take a nap, something I NEVER do in the daytime. I was on some heavy pain killers during his stay but never told him what was going on.
I called my surgeon (a close family friend that went to Med school with my brother) and he was out of the country till the 21st of October. So pain control was my only option till he gets back.

The bummer is I was suppose to be in DeBordieu SC right now catching them big old Redfish but had to cancel. There is NO way I could hold a 40 or 50 lb Redfish right now. And I'll probably miss out on this whole season. I'm also suppose to go to a very good opening day duck hunt with my Lawyer about November the 9th or 10th but I sure don't see how I could possibly lift a shotgun much less shoot it against my right shoulder.
Also I'm probably dead in the water for bear hunting and probably most of deer season too!
Cheryl and I are suppose to leave to go stay with friends in Nashville the 24-28th. Still hoping to do that trip as all that will be involved there will be driving.

Why could this not happen durning hay haulin' season? Sitting around the house is NOT something I can do. I'm the kind of feller if I got 20 minutes of free time I'm looking for 30 minutes worth of shit to put in it....
Anyway I'll be in the surgeon's office at 7:30 Tuesday Morning to see how bad and how long I'll be out of it. :-(

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner