I can smell this one coming.

Dang wife. She got us into this danged travel trailer. Talk about a money pit. Anyway, that is what caused us/me to get a portable satellite dish and stuff to connect via our home Direct TV account.

OK, I got that figured out. Took a while, it ain't easy. But I got the stuff, and made it work, and know how to do it now. I had it at the farm twice, and camp once, and it all works.

BUT............

Taking it down, putting it up, and TRANSPORTING it all back and forth every time we go to the farm is nuts. HAVE to do that when we use it in the travel trailer. But dang.......the farm should have its own permanent dish at least. Then i'd just have to bring the receiver.

So I got one. $69 is all the dish costs. Then the LNBF. Not too much. I have a fence post and quickcrete down there already. I talked to Direct install guy when he was here, and he agreed. So it arrives today.

Pieces everywhere. NOT ONE sheet of installation instructions. None. Luckily, I did get on the internet and found and downloaded a 16 page instruction manual. But boy, is this NOT my cup of tea.

So starting tomorrow, I'm going to set the portable one up as a 'guide' in the living room, and take the instructions and the working model in front of me, and try to piece this thing together. If (HUGE IF) I can get it put together, then putting it up on the pole should be a piece of cake. Ultimately, I'll take the coax running into the house and bury it in pvc....but for now it can sit on the ground.

I expect a few AARRGGHHHHH's tomorrow. But it sure will be nice when/if I can get it together.

And no, there is no soldering, welding, or cutting involved!!!

Wish me luck.