Had an appointment with my surgeon yesterday and it looks like I'm due for ANOTHER surgery. He wanted to do it this coming Monday, but I have a buddy (whom I haven't seen for 30 years) who just got in yesterday from Seattle. He's down for the Daytona races and leaving next Tuesday. Sooo, I asked for a later date and it's being scheduled for the following Monday (03/03). He wants to get it done right away because he's being deployed to Afghanistan sometime in March. Says he's gonna be in a "hot zone" at a mountain outpost and the camp is at 10,000 feet. (His last deployment was in Iraq) He said he'll be back in 3-4 months.

Heck, I've lost count ... I think this is surgery number 10 (not positive). He brought up the idea of a hyperbaric chamber (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) but I just couldn't see spending 8-10 hours in a dang tank every 2 days for 6 weeks! I'd be so frigging bored I'd prolly pull out what little hair I have left. I think I'd go stir-crazy ... so I put that on the back burner as a last resort.