Thread: Thump story, something Bucky will like also

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Thump story, something Bucky will like also

I come from a large extended family. Both my mother and father came from a family of 11 kids. I grew up with 40 aunts and uncles and about 85 cousins.
    I was born late in the group and never got to meet my grand parents on my fathers side, and only had my mothers mother around till I was 15.
    I'm not sure she even knew my name with all her other grand children. I would recognize them on the street and at a few get-to-gathers,but most of the time I did not even remember their names. My cousins today range from the late 80 to the 50's so you can see the span in years and I know only about 10 of them.
    Never received anything from any grand parent in the way of Christmas or Birthday gifts.

Then when I was 10 my father died and my mother never remarried, I ended up with his gold pocket watch and his name, he didn't leave a lot for my mother, sister and me, but he was a great father from what a 10 year old can remember. I grew up in a single parent home and didn't know how modest we were until years later when looking back on how we lived.

Well I've been very lucky for now, saw all three of my sons grow up, marry and have kids of their own. I know everyone by name and get gifts from each one on Christmas and my birthday, lots of cards from the boys on fathers day. I'm a blessed man.

Well now to the reason for this post. I have determined that I'm going to leave stuff to my kids and grand kids. Years from now they will be able to say, "This was my grandfathers" and even hope someday one of them can even say" this belonged to my great grandfather"

They will get some $$ but will also get some guns, knives, coins, and other junk I"ve collected over the past 70 years (well 69 and 6 months)
    I have 7 grand kids, 6 beautiful little girls and one grand son. He's going to be the lucky one.
    I wanted something very special for him, I hope to see him grow up old enough to remember papa, but he's only 8 months and I only hope I can see another 10+ years.

So here's what I had made just for him, had his birth year and last name etched into the bottom of the left ivory grip. Who knows how many years from now someone with my last name will enjoy holding this.

And for Bucky, I know you always liked a Colt SAA, here's what one looks like when you have a little custom work done to it.

Last edited by jb; 07-01-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me