This is from my kids HS Principal. Note there is no indication or emphasis that the County is concerned with students learning useful math skills. It's just about the SOL (standard test flavor for Va) scores and how the school is rated. "Dear Parents, do your part to raise our test scores."

Give me a fucking break. To our Teacher brethren here. I'm sorry if you have to try and thrive in a shit environment like this.

"This is Pamela Paul-Jacobs, Principal of Tuscarora High School calling to share information regarding Tuscarora High School. As you know, Tuscarora’s SAT, AP, PSAT, and ACT scores are at or above county, state, and national averages. Most of our students come into high school in the higher level math courses. However, our scores on SOL math tests are not in an acceptable place. Consequently, we are requesting that parents partner with us to make sure that students are focusing on math homework for practice and that students are responding to the extra help that we have in place for them. We have restructured the instructional delivery in our math classes and amended our homework and retake policy in math. Students who are unsuccessful on a test will be retaught information through FLEX, math lab, and before and after school tutoring. Teachers can offer a retake on an individual basis to ensure mastery of the content. Test corrections will be a part of the re-teaching process. We have numerous opportunities still in place for extra help, but we need your help as parents to ensure that students take advantage of the opportunities.

We will receive a rating of accredited with warning this school year in the area of SOL math. We are fully accredited as a school but scores indicate a need to adjust instruction to meet the needs of Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 students. Please be assured that we have made adjustments to our overall math instruction, while also addressing the gap groups where deficits show the greatest weaknesses. Our SOL scores in every other subject area are solid; we are at or above LCPS schools and well above the state average. We fully expect that our SOL math scores will be in an acceptable range when we test this spring.

We thank you in advance for your confidence and assistance as we come together as a community to make our SOL math scores reflective of the expectations we have for our students."