Thread: Careful where you step.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Careful where you step.....

Monday afternoon, I was finishing up a new walkway to our boat dock at Chicot....the screws for the last few boards were easier to install, by me standing in about knee-deep water, off to one side....I was only wearing a pair of old tennis shoes and socks....after completing the job, I had to walk thru a maze of submerged cypress knees to reach the bank, and hit my ankle pretty hard on one of the pointed ends of one of them....after getting out onto the bank, I looked at my ankle, and saw nothing more than a couple of scratches, so it never crossed mind, again....at least, not until 9 pm, that night.

I was eating supper, when suddenly my ankle started hurting like it was on fire, and started turning red, right before my eyes....WTF was going on???....then, the swelling started setting in....at 10 pm, I got the worst case of cold chills imaginable, but I was burning up....by morning, the bed sheets were wringing wet with sweat, but I was still having cold chills....late yesterday afternoon, I felt just a tad better, so wifey called the doctor, and he worked me in about 7 am, this morning....until then, I actually hadn't had enough energy to even go to the emergency room....all I wanted to do was sleep and sweat.

Doc said he sees this all the time, and called it a "Superbug" from the mud I had stirred up, while in the water, and said the least little scratch can let those bad little bastages enter your bloodstream, and cause all sorts of problems from quickly spreading....he scolded me for not coming in sooner.

Anyhow, I got two antibiotic shots in my azz cheeks, and a prescript. for another by mouth....he wants to see me again in the morning, and may have to give me some more follow-up butt shots.

You can bet your sweet azz that I will be more conscious about getting a scratch or minor cut, when I'm in an infectious environment!!!

Looks pretty innocent, right now....pic is from this morning....imagine 100% more red and 3 X times more swollen.

ank.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-02-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Southern Gentleman