While I was gone from here, I started reading on another forum.

This was originally one of those "I'm a straight conservative white man; will I fit in in San Fransisco" or "we are a liberal, gay, PETA supporting couple; will it be a problem living in Wyoming if neither of us can drive a car; I mean there ARE subways in Cody, right?" type of moving forums, but it has expanded to include food and drink, entertainment and "employment" sections (among others).

I THINK it is geared toward millennials, but there are also a bunch of posters around my age *Boomers).

Anyway on the "employment" forum, I have seen threads titled "I will NEVER work overtime; what kind of job can I get that pays $80,000 per year", or "I took six years to get my BA in English, now I have spent three months looking for work without success; should I get another BA in History, or Sociology" or "What job pays the best while requiring absolutely no work from me?".

It may be just me and my own attitude, but a good number of these kids appear to be intentionally unemployable. At the very best, it looks like we have a bunch of 25-30 year old who never had summer job whether it was sandblasting cast irom parts or working at Weiner King.

Is this a generational thing; did we Boomers doom our kids to a lifetime of abject failure by not making the hold down a job in their school years?