I went to an estate sale this morning and I think I did pretty well. I'm tellin' ya', I came home with a literal truckload of stuff. Nothing too terribly exciting, but a bunch of stuff I can make some good money on.

I picked up some decent cast iron .... a Griswold 9" skillet, a Gris 10" skillet and a Gris #9 large logo griddle for $5 apiece!

I dragged home 3 old license plates ... one is a 1956 California plate and in nice shape, they'll bring $300. I also picked up a 1956 Florida plate as well as a 1949 Illinois plate. Again, $5 each. My SEAL buddy in California is in the business of restoring these things and can make 'em look like brand new. I'm sure a restoration on the California plate would be an excellent idea, I think I'd leave the Florida and Illinois plates original.

Oh, how 'bout this one! I was digging through a pile of junk in a backyard shed and dragged out two plastic totes full of Jadeite D-handle coffee mugs. They look brand new with no chips or scratches. These things will go for $25 each and I bought them for $1.50 each. Get this, I pulled them out to get an accurate count so I could pay for them and there are 58 of 'em!!

I paid $25 for a box of old razors ... I counted 18 of them, many still had their cases. I haven't even dug through them yet, but one really stood out ... a gold Aristocrat ... it can bring $150, so the others are just gravy!

I picked up an old brass desk lamp with cast iron base for $1 ... it'll bring $50-$75!

Heck, I just finished dragging the stuff in the house and haven't even unloaded it yet, so I'm going by memory. I wasn't really exaggerating much when I said I bought a truck load ... I spent $285 and you can tell by the prices quoted above, that's a LOT of stuff!

Heck, I just realized today is Thursday ... I have 3 more sales to hit tomorrow!

Man-o-man! I love my "job"!