Verizon, At&T, IBM and several others I know have been offshoring jobs to places like the Czech Republic, India, Philippines, Argentina and other places like that at an amazing rate. I worked on projects in Argentina and the PI. The reason they do it? These countries have a college educated worked force that will work for 1/4 of what US workers demand for the same job. Believe me, I've seen the numbers so many times it makes me sick. Even if they never reach the experience and ability of US workers, you can just hire twice as many and still cut labor costs in half. This isn't happening because of trade treaties. Its happening because emerging third world countries are trying to compete by developing their himan resources.

Now. What in the blue fuck is any American president going to do to bring those jobs back?

The answer is they can't do jack shot. If they make it so finacially onerous that offshoring becomes unprofitable, then companies will simply move to another country with more business friendly rules.

Do voters have no business knowedge of this crap and just ignore it or is it what people want to hear?

BKB