Actually, I lost it at 3:00 today too, cause I was in the Hospital ER waiting room about to shoot some ethnically-challenged and highly insulting janitor slash waiting room attendant, for not turning down Maury Popovich or whatever his name is, with their screaming idiots on TV. But that's another story.

At 3:00 yesterday, Valentine's Day, I was on the 'net, trying to PM this guy that I'm trying to buy this rifle from.............and there is this camper that pops back up. It's been on their Trading Post several times, and it gets sold......then somehow it's back on, lack of funds, etc.

Long standing story that y'all don't know...........we've been married 43 years this May 30. For 42.9 of those years, I've gotten an earful about "buying a camper". She has memories of being a little girl, and going camping. She doesn't remember all the work her Mama did, just the fun part of being outdoors as a little girl. I tell her Holiday Inn is cheaper, but she doesn't get it. Numbers don't phase her, or mean much, unless they're in a recipe, and not even that lately. I tell her about the high cost of buying one, storing one, insuring one, what type of expensive vehicle it takes to pull it, fuel costs, $20+ per night to 'camp', all that. It's been a running battle for over 40 years.

Truth is, I can NOT afford a big one. So I kept seeing this one. It wasn't expensive, and it's not expensive to insure ($104 a year, I was at the State Farm office when the wife called me about Mother's wreck). It fits on a regular 2" ball and is just simply the only way I could afford to 'camp' the way she wants. So I called this guy, and he's in Ft. Smith........but he has five guys coming Friday and Saturday to see it. I showed the pictures to the wife, and she was excited. I called him back and made an offer, and we went last night to get it. Got home late, backed it into driveway, and then the 'events of the day' hit me today.

We got the walkthrough on how to do it, and it will take an hour or so to store it, or set it up........but it's not too bad. A/C, heat, water, small little cookstove (like a coleman sorta), nice beds....like a big old tent with lots of metal parts and a solid floor and roof.

Need to install an electric brake controller on the truck......prolly $130 or so, and I think I can install. Other than that, just need to find a place to go camping. Paid so little that if we don't use it, or don't like it, should be able to sell out for close to initial investment.