Thread: I guess we are just jinxed.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess we are just jinxed.....

We went thru 3 floods up at our fish camp on Lake Whittington, so we left after the last one....then, we bought the lake house on Lake Chicot to escape the flooding.....so, last year, Lake Chicot gets a 500 year flood, but fortunately, it spared our lake house.

Then, about 6 months ago, we had a severe storm at the lake house, which sent us hunkering down into the closet....it did some damage to the roof and cypress siding, but not enough to file a claim.

Well, early this morning at the lake house, about 3 am, all hell broke loose.....I knew a bad storm front was heading our way, but nothing like the weather ho's had predicted....just like other tornado victims have said, "It sounded like a freight train".....we rolled outta bed, and literally fell on top of each other, getting into the closet.....then, the bomb hit.....big shit starting flying and hitting the roof and the sides of the house, and it lasted about 5 minutes....we could feel the house, literally, breathing and pulsating....wife nearly went hysterical.....we were lucky, for sure, coulda been worse.

Power went out, so after it was over, I grabbed a flashlight, and this is what I found this morning....entire south part of roof torn off, then flipped over the house into the front yard.....several neighbors have the same sorta damage.....we love this place, and are just sick about it.....we are gonna do all the repairs, but might just sell out, and find something else.

I took a video of all the damage for the ins. company, but have no idea how to post it.

This is part of the roof across the road in a cornfield:

image.jpg

It's hard to see, but this is part of the house roof and patio roof.....dayum tv tower fell on my smaller boat shed, and collapsed the roof. too.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-25-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Southern Gentleman