Actually, it's already happened to some extent Depity. When she first came on the scene ... she did well and was all you ever heard about ... but she faded fast and became an "also ran" for the most part. If you're gonna make a splash, the Daytona 500 is the place to do it and her timing was perfect. She had a GREAT car yesterday .. one of those that could have been driven the whole race with one hand. Match handling with power (which she also had) and you have a winning package. As you mentioned elsewhere ... give her an ill-handling car on an unforgiving track and it should separate the men from the ... ummm, girls?

She has a good start under her belt ... but she's been here before and quickly faded. BUT ... in her favor, from what I saw yesterday, she's learned a lot and gained a TON of maturity on the track and handled herself well in the "patience" department. She stayed out of trouble and didn't abuse her equipment ... that's half the race right there.

Time will tell. She's fun to look at ... but I could give a squat personally. If she can pull it off ... more power to her. I'm with P-hole on the publicity thing ... NASCAR ratings have been dropping ... what better timing could they ask for? Use it as much as possible .. like anything else, ya' gots ta' ride the wave in this game. She's divorcing her husband and supposedly boinking Ricky Stenhouse Jr. last I heard. That's a black mark that family-friendly NASCAR is sure to try hiding ... but hey ... we're living in a different century than the old Bill France early days. Who gives a rat's ass about that crap these days? ('Cept maybe TMZ or sumpin' like that)

It could be an interesting year.