Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just knew that ct made me smarter!

Better looking too!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I just knew that ct made me smarter! Better looking too! BKb

Well, that's not much of a revelation ... I see no way in hell it could'a gone the other way. When you're at rock-bottom to begin with, what way is there but up?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Better looking too!

BKb
    It's gonna make your dick fall off, too.
    Southern Gentleman

Better looking too!

BKb
    For a horny bearded dolphin, you’re not bad. I’ll give you that.

I either, A) get in on these discussions too late, 5) have no real thoughts of my own, or h) agree with you all too much.

My opinion is very similar to Len and the Horny Dolphin. I've only been in the real workforce since 2002. I had a job 5 years before that but not really. So I don't have the old 70's and 80's to compare too. I have direct reports, and I have compliments under them. I remember when I took the position I'm in now in 2007 my old boss being realllllly specific on, "If you dip your pen in the company ink well, you better make sure you didn't force the lid open". He didn't say that in those words - but close. My point is, our company policy at that time was similar to what posty said. "It's ok to make a propisition if you accept the answer". Hell I even remember training on it. Shit, I can think of 3 couples today in my company that have been realigned so they don't report to one another, because they met at work, one worked for the other, and life happened.

Back to your question, I'll repeat more of the same. The whole thing has gotten way over exaggerated in my opinion. Yeah, there's a little, or maybe a lot of all of your points in each circumstance that we hear about on the news. However, I really don't think anyone besides Cosby has been seriously layin' the juice on women. All the high profile cases that have been on TV (besides a couple of course), IMO, are either bitter, jealous, or see $$ signs.

I'll sum it up by saying my pen has been in it's holder since day one, which was 7/11/97 (the day I got married). I'm not saying that to brag, to displace guilt or blame, nor to be non-complicit in a public forum. Just saying it so you know it's from a complete "outside looking in" point of view.

QA - I also like your line of "rape is a death sentence if it's my wife, etc".... Imma use that one soon.