Ha ha! Not even a nibble!

I have no clue how deep that little cove is. I’ve lived on this lake for 30 dang years and have never been in it, on it or used it in any way other than to look at it. Funny, as my son and neighborhood kids were growing up, they spent almost as much time jumping off the dock and playing in the lake as they did in our own pool with a slide and diving board!

The thing is, somehow Lynn has been bitten by the fishing bug and now wants to know what we can fish for today. I told her the simplest, spur of the moment thing would be just to grab some dough balls and go get some pan fish (bream, bluegills, whatever). She’s ready to go now but I convinced her to wait until it cools off a bit this evening. I have a feeling this little cove we live on is relatively shallow and it’s been in the 90’s for weeks now. I’d think most everything has moved out to deeper water, plus the cove really has no cover or structure other than the dock, which is minimal.

Heck, if this bug she suddenly acquired actually lasts, I may have to start considering some REAL fishing. I’m starting to get tired just thinking about it.

We have another large lake right down the street from us that is completely open and has tons of cover along the shoreline. The road encircles the lake and all residences are on the opposite side of the road, so you can fish anywhere you want from the bank. On our lake, all properties are lakefront so we’re pretty much relegated to our own property or a boat. That pretty much narrows our options as far as spot choices.

It all boils down to the fact I simply don’t know the lake. I know a lot of bass fishermen put in at the public ramp and fish the lake, so it holds fish. Oh, AND gators!