Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Maybe the experts can tell the difference, but to my inexperienced eye, they looked persactly like the stuff I used to pick up in the corn and tobacco fields in N.C.
Barry, You know I love this shit! I will lay a point in my hand and sit and stare at it, while I think about all the shit that it and it’s maker saw. Then I’ll blink, and 30 minutes have passed. It is so intriguing to me.
It has been a money market for years! I’ve been out of it for 15 years or more, but I used to NET a grand a week on eBay... for 2-3 years. I didn’t spend more than 4-5 hours a week doing that. I could have made a LOT more. But I had a kid in diapers and a job working 55-60 hours a week.

And to the quote above, I am certainly not an expert, but I could pick out the one that ole cheiftan napped out at the pioneer days thingamajig. I could show you what to look for in about 2 minutes. What I have a hard time with is the points that were repaired, and then “aged” with lime, charcoal, heat, etc.
There are only 6-8 “authenticators” that collectors trust, the rest are trying to make money “authenticating” points. The fakers have deflated the value of authentic points.

And lastly, these were my dads. He dealt, traded and sold for 15-20 years. He actually got me into it, and the selling that followed. He had a collection of 10,000 points at one time. When he passed away, this was the only frame left, which happens to be the best of the best.
PS, all authenticated by one the most trusted authenticators.
The AA battery is for size reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk