Thread: Meaningless rambling ....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I've been a coin saver for about as long as I can remember, pennies, nickles and dimes in one can, quarters and halfs in a jar.
    Back in 2015 I got curious on my big can of p,n,d , weighed the can,(123# 12" across, 16" tall) then took a scoop of coins and put them on a digital food scale.I then removed 4 pennies, 2 nickles and one dime at a time till I got exactly 1 lb. of coins, then added them up for a total of $6.55.this came out to be $805.65, have not idea how much more I've thrown in there in the past 4 1/2 year,
    The jar was a gift from my son, every time you put a quarter in it, it keeps track and it now reads $246.75, so I'm sure between the can and the jar I'm darn close to a grand.
    I too have said this is for the grand kids, someday well sit down and separate all the coins and take them to my CU where they'll count your change for nothing.

Last edited by jb; 04-13-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me