Well, that's a different question.........(or maybe I'm dense).........but maybe so. However, I don't remember a time when "politics" encompassed so very much of what makes me "me". I remember politics as discussing the best way to fund some program, or how best to deal with a foreign issue, or whether to raise the minimum wage.

Now, it's a discussion of whether or not my core culture is going to be destroyed, or altered beyond recognition. And that's what I hear folks talking about incessantly. And I hear it as much as you do. I went to my buddy's deer camp this weekend. 20 people, and other than their problems of a bad neighbor, that's all that's talked about. It's all that's talked about at the coffee shop. You'd be amazed at how quiet I am in these discussions!! But I listen. And the people I know and am around are scared. They are mad. They are way more than those, I just don't know the words. So, that's what they talk about.

If you want that arena to be less discussed, I guess you're going to have to figure out how to get the topics that the politicians are raising to be way less invasive.