Thread: Another f'ing rocket scientist bites the dust ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm tired of debating or arguing about it all. I've always said we should protect the vulnerable among us. Fuck everyone else. Get the vaccine or don't. Cut the stupid government mandated 'safety' precautions, masks, social distancing and everything else. They're meaningless band-aids with no adhesive in a waterfall.

Look at the survivability rate, people. Why is it the smallest font in an article, mentioned least, swept aside, not discussed metric of all? Isn't it one of the most important metrics? Isn't that really the number we should be watching? Do you know what it is? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT IS?

I get and understand people like Barry, I love the asshole. He and other close friends of mine love people that are vulnerable, I get it. Protect them! Always!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I'm tired of debating or arguing about it all. I've always said we should protect the vulnerable among us. Fuck everyone else. Get the vaccine or don't. Cut the stupid government mandated 'safety' precautions, masks, social distancing and everything else. They're meaningless band-aids with no adhesive in a waterfall.

Look at the survivability rate, people. Why is it the smallest font in an article, mentioned least, swept aside, not discussed metric of all? Isn't it one of the most important metrics? Isn't that really the number we should be watching? Do you know what it is? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT IS?

I get and understand people like Barry, I love the asshole. He and other close friends of mine love people that are vulnerable, I get it. Protect them! Always!
    Len, it may surprise you that I generally agree with your sentiment in most cases. My challenge is that the way we protect the most vulnerable among us is to get the damn vaccine. The vaccine deniers are going to potentially allow this thing to mutate until we’re all vulnerable again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    The vaccine deniers are going to potentially allow this thing to mutate until we’re all vulnerable again....
    Hank, you were always going to be vulnerable again. We aren't an island sealed off from the world and the world is not now, and will not ever be, vaccinated en masse and in synch. And that is discluding compelling evidence that the vaccine loses its potency quickly. Six months from vaccination and we are seeing vaccinated individuals getting infected. WORSE many of them are not symptomatic and provide the perfect environment for the virus to mutate into vaccine immunity.

This is no longer a pandemic it is endemic and our mindset must change. Japan and Norway are two countries showing the way.

We took a shot with our magic bullet and it looks to have failed. We now are proposing that we continue to ingest additional magic bullets in perpetuity. And what are the long term consequences to our immune system being juiced and jolted like this every 6 months? No one knows.

Look, there are many countries perusing a protocol to deal with this disease instead of continuing down the road we are debating here. They are having great results. Doctors in South Africa treating the 2nd stage of Covid as a severe allergic reaction. Doctors at Houston Methodist who've treated hundreds of patients with what looks like a pretty effective protocol. The list is large and growing. They are taking the first steps to defang this monster and make peace with it. I think we should consider following their example.

And while we are at it we might as well state out loud that anyone who has had covid and survived has far better immunity than those of us who are vaccinated but never infected. Do you think they ought to be arguing that we should all be intentionally infected to protect them? So we can exclude them from this conversation out of the box.

Will