Thread: First Day of Fall!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Fall is my favorite time of year.

I love the cool weather, the changing of the leaves, being out in God's beautiful countryside chasing critters, and breathing the fresh, clean air. The sound of thousands of geese migrating, the brilliant colors of rooster pheasants with their cackling of indignation when forced to flush from their vegetative vestibule. And if you ever get as lucky as I was last week to watch and listen to elk rutting...let's just say, it is WAY cool or at least it is for this flatlander.

As for hunting, I plan on trying to find some pheasants this fall so my dog doesn't disown me but given the drought we've had all year, that might be a tough order to fill. I was unable to draw a deer tag back home yet again, but two of the kids did so at least I can hunt with them and Dad. I did get a doe tag in my backup unit but EHD has hit and not sure if there will be anything left to hunt given the piles of dead deer that are being reported.

I have an archery tag also but see above...I might need to head west to the badlands to try to get within bow range of a mule deer. As for waterfowl, given the drought I'm not sure how or if I will even partake this year.
    Last edited by Bwana; 09-27-2021 at 02:15 PM.