Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Looks like that really hot stuff in the southwest right now is headed out way. I really hate to see anything over 80 so I'm not doing backflips of joy.

Weather is a cool thing to study. Wish I knew more about how it works. I remember when Doppler radar first showed up and I saw how weather systems moved around: So that's how it works? Huh... Never would have guessed.

Guess it's time to spray my garden before this dry spell hits.

Will
Haha that brings back some memories. My step Dad worked in local television for a while when I was a kid. He was a news anchor but started as the weather man. In those days, he DREW his own weather maps with fronts and temps and the whole enchilada. Weather radar existed but they hadn’t yet put it on the screen. He graduated to stick on symbols and such before he got promoted to news anchor.
He went back to radio and any time there was a storm, we jumped in the family car and headed to the station. And read the weather reports off the teletype machine. Folks gotta be warned!

I think everyone in my family thought of themselves as amateur meterologists because of those times.

BKB