Thread: Word to the wise

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Word to the wise

The missus and I were recently on vacation in the Florida Keys during which time we did a bit of snorkeling. Because in places where you snorkel it tends to get REALLY hot for items left in the car and because it's usually not a good idea to leave valuables unattended on the beach, we have historically used a type of dry bag that snaps around your waist to put our phones in while snorkeling. The first time we did this I was VERY suspicious as to whether it would keep things dry. To date it has always worked. FYI - apparently they wear out...

Though it only allowed a wee bit of water into the bag, it seems sea water and iPhones don't like one another.

I have a replacement phone now and have located MOST of the apps I had downloaded before, but I lost ALL of my photos and videos!!! Pictures of the kids with their first deer, salmon fishing outings, wedding pics, cool scenery shots, pics and videos from my bear hunts, and on and on. I am just SICK!

Word to the wise...back up your phones.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Ouch! Glad my tech support (aka my Mrs.) keeps me backed up to the cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke