Thread: Boat Knowerabouters

Boat Knowerabouters

If we have any left!

I’ve decided to sell my big boat. 2000 Champion 203 Elite 20’3” tandem axle trailer, 225 EFI Merc

Not trying to sell it here, but if anyone knows the best way to go about it, the goal obviously to get the best price I can, I’d love to hear suggestions. First off is how do I determine what to adk? I was discussing with a good friend and threw out a number and he about choked. Told me I’d better check around a little more. I did and almost choked myownself. Dang but used boat prices are high as a cat’s back. I’ve seen boats listed online exact make and model as mine for only a thousand or so under what I paid for it in ‘00 BRAND NEW. Holy moly.
    Another question is if it makes any sense to list it in bigger markets than where I live. Would stuff by cheaper or higher in those markets?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I know squat about boats or the sale of boats....but out of curiosity I went and looked at new bass boat pricing WOW! Are there really enough people with a disposable income that can afford to drop $100K on a bass boat?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    They probably finance it over 15-20 years or something ridiculous like that.

Sorry, but I don’t know the answer to yiur question Posthole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Wholly cow. I didn't even think a boat loan would go out past 5 years. I looked it up and it says the average boat loan is between 10-20 years. People are nuts.

Which is why a 24 y/o boat can go for what they’re going for.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I have previously sold a ton of stuff on Facebook Marketplace, i.e., farm equipment, boats, trolling motors, boat motors, vehicles, hunting dogs, household goods, hunting clothes, etc., etc., and your ads are free.
    Be prepared to price-haggle unless you say, "Price is Firm" up front.
    Stay away from those crazy Craig's List goof nuts.
    Southern Gentleman

I will trade you a 1985 Big Red Honda Three-Wheeler

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’m going through the same thing right now. I bought a new tri-toon two years ago. I luckily was able to preorder it in the fall of 2021 so I was able to get the 2022 model with 21 pricing so that saved me about 10% and also took advantage of some other deals the dealership was offering.

Like has been said above, the credit union offered up to a 15 year loan on the boat.

I’m hoping to sell the old boat that I had this year and am trying to find a price that will move it but not be too low for my benefit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I don't have any insight for you Posty, but the one thing I do know after owning a boat for 20+ years, everything associated with a boat is expensive.

I know one of the big drivers for used car prices right now has been the lack of inventory available and prices of new cars. It stands to reason marine engines/boats would have the same dependencies.
    One thing for sure: I’m gonna baby my pickup a little more and letvit knowcits appreciated.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!