My gripe is tv commercials for food products that "look" great, but have absolutely nothing in common with what is actually served. Just last night, I saw a Pizza Hut commercial. They showed a hot, steaming pizza that was TOTALLY covered with slices of pepperoni and when they picked up a slice, the thick strings of cheese must have stretched to more than a foot long. The ACTUAL pizza looks like a piece of cardboard with scattered pepperoni slices. Same with a MacD's hamburger ad ... a beautiful, perfect burger ... a Big Mac looks like it's 4-5 inches thick with perfect ingredients showing from the sides. The real deal looks like somebody sat on the burger. No different than the others ... Burger King, Wendy's, etc. Taco Bell? Ha! The ad taco and actual product are planets apart.

My question is, why hasn't someone tackled these companies for their bullshit representations in their ads?

I looked up the legal definition of false advertising and it seems to fit.

"False advertising is the act of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation. The deception is made knowingly or recklessly with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public."