Thread: Extraneous Baseball Post

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Extraneous Baseball Post

God, I hate the Yankees. Crap like this makes me hope they choke on A Rod's contract even more...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...year-155m-deal
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

The Yankees do what the Yankees do. Some years it pays off, most it doesn't. they're having to replace and supplement some of their aging stars. I'm not sure how they'll do next year, but I don't think Tanaka is going to get them over the edge they need to get over.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    So you own the YES Network, and have 10,000,000+ dedicated fanatics within broadcast range that all pay to watch. Thus, you don't have to worry about the Excess Payroll Tax. But I do wish they'd pay all 25 guys this money, just cause it'd be so stupid and they MIGHT either A) go broke (haha) or B) get kicked out of the league sooner by the other owners.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

LA did the same thing, both the Angels and the Dodgers. the big markets are flexing their muscles. for all the good it does them.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    No, it ain't the same thing. Nothing compares with the YES Network deal. LA has to split loyalties to boot. NY would too but the Mets are.........um.....do they still exist?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.