It's a very unique situation Hank. I don't know that I have ever seen one like it.

You have the political apparatus of an entire state being brought to bear on a plant vote for unionization. The management of the company itself is a hybrid split evenly between management and labor. And yet one of the most powerful political figures in the state comes out saying he has secret knowledge that a "yes" vote will mean no more expansion. In reality he has no such thing and the real management of the company, half of which we would call union labor, views his interference as an insult to them. Then you have the governor threatening to pull their tax breaks if they attempt to employ the management style they have at every other plant in the world.

I have to wonder what, exactly, these geniuses thought the reaction from VW would be?

And while I'm on the subject, where the hell has the news media been in all of this? Obviously, conservative and liberal media outlets have been just as clueless as the Tennessee politicos. For god's sake, this story when it has been covered has been wrong on all angles. I don't honestly think any of them thought this was anything other than a normal union/labor squabble.

Will