Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towing Issue (a problem when you have time to consider)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Yes.
    And Auto Customs, the bigger/better competitor.

Here's their answer to my email if these will fit. I asked how confident they are that these will work:

I would say 10% sure the 2014 1500 brackets would work around the DEF Tank. 67% sure that you could delete one bracket and they would work fine.

Note that he said the 1500 (half ton)..........only because the stuff for a 2014 half ton seems to be the same BED as my 2015 3/4 ton truck! They're guessing. I am probably going to try this........I've asked dealer and waiting on their answer, but I'm sure they'll be double the price.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 03-27-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Too bad you didn't buy a new Ford....I've got an almost-new pair of step rails that I took off my current F150, prolly only two months, after I bought the truck....I got tired of my pants legs, brushing up against them, and getting muddy.
    Southern Gentleman

Somebody, somewhere has the measurements of where the predrilled holes are where you fasten those to the truck. Seems like if you could get that it'd be a can of corn from there. Or maybe you could crawl under there and measure it yerownfineself! I'll bet you got a tape measure under the kitchen sink.

BKB

I have one in 2/3 of the locations where I have reading glasses.

But, that's not the issue. The predrilled holes are there. The brackets bolt into the predrilled holes, then the steps slide along till they fit the brackets. As such, it seems that I could make it work. I think their entire issue is that the DEF tank on my truck is in the way of at least one of the brackets, and that it covers up at least one of the predrilled holes. Thus, I think (?) that they are reluctant to say "Yeah, this one will work, but you may have to delete one bracket entirely", which is basically what they guy I was talking to on the phone told me in his email.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Last problem solved.

BTW, Posty, Running Board Warehouse and Auto Customs turn out to be two websites for the same place.

Guy called me back. He talked to his engineer and they got an adapted bracket that will fit my truck where the DEF tank is. Woo Hoo. He said they found a truck like mine at dealer, figured out what to do, and did it. I'm the first to order 'em. So I ordered the Ionic Voyager step rails with the new brackets.

Spending money I ain't got.........but Mama (and I) will finally be able to get up into this beast.

That's pretty cool they went and did that. Goosing her in the ass with your thumb is a lot less expensive way to help get her in the truck though.

BKB

Her son did that last week. It was pretty funny. Course, he can lift her in there and I can't. I tell her it's because of my bad back.