I don't KNOW how many it has. But the number of sensors is stunning. My truck, quite literally here, has "Lane Departure Warning". It will vibrate the LEFT side of the driver's seat if you veer off course to the left (hit the yellow line in middle of 2 lane road, for example), and vibrate the RIGHT side of the driver's seat if you veer off course to the right (the white line). It has cameras that know this. Just thinking of how all this works, the systems required to make this happen, boggles my pea brain.

It has Park Assist (beeps if you get too close to stuff, any of the 4 sides), a backup camera (almost standard nowadays), Stabilitrak, Electronic Traction Control, Hill Ascent Control, built in Navigation, 8" display screen, 4.3" display screen, USB ports, 110 ac port, 12v ports, tire sensors that display actual real time tire pressure, DEF fluid percentage, oil left left, trans fluid temperature, fuel mileage last 50, 100, 200, 400, forever, and custom, and some kind of connection to a smartphone app where I can tell anything about my truck on my Phone, start it, kill it, lock the doors, unlock, read diagnostics, you name it. I have no idea what all I'm forgetting.

That is a TON OF STUFF TO GO WRONG.

But if it doesn't go wrong, man, what a deal.

I don't know much of all that runs my vehicle vs. gives me info. I get it that this is a lot of stuff. I understand that the more stuff you add, the more that can go wrong or be recalled. But why?

My question is WHY? What is wrong with the manufacturing process that they can't make these correctly to start with?????