Thread: Hey Cappy ... ya' want my free fishing trip?

Hey Cappy ... ya' want my free fishing trip?

Lynn and I will be at the beach (Florida's west coast) for the holiday weekend, but I won a free fishing trip from a local radio station. The days are fixed and cannot be altered, so I can't use it. The fishing will be off the coast of N. Carolina tomorrow and Friday. Being the thoughtful guy that I am, I was wondering if you'd be interested?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Tomorrow and Friday are going to be a bit breezy on the coast. But I'm up for anything. I once bear hunted in a pretty bad Hurricane so I guess I could give that a try too! Does the trip come with a floating vest and shark repellant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Tomorrow and Friday are going to be a bit breezy on the coast. But I'm up for anything. I once bear hunted in a pretty bad Hurricane so I guess I could give that a try too! Does the trip come with a floating vest and shark repellant?

Me thinks you just trying to get rid of me so you can tip toe up to the Florida house...

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Who? Meeeeee???

Just so you know Cappy ... according to the forecast, it should be a little "breezy" and the water may have a slight "chop" ... but you should have a great time. Don't say I never gave ya' anything!

Chop hell, the coast is gonna get slammed!
    Hopefully we can finish the hay up here before we get the rain bans.

Yeah, we had a long trailer of a band come through here last evening ... no wind, just heavy rain. I had an oak come down in the yard, but I don't think it had anything to do with wind. The silly thing is, I noticed last weekend it seemed to be leaning more than normal (it's been leaning for 40 years), but I thought it was just my imagination. I suppose it was a warning sign but I was in denial I guess. I think last night's rain just softened the ground enough to "help" it along.