Thread: I don't keep up with music, but I'll just be day'um......!!!!!

I don't keep up with music, but I'll just be day'um......!!!!!

Ya'll remember this song???....My wife just got back from a class reunion(thankfully, I had to stay and work)....she came home, telling me about our former college friend, Bruce Blackman....I've heard this song, but never had any idea Bruce wrote it and sang it....pretty popular song, best I remember....he's got several popular songs out.

We double-dated with him and his wife, Peggy....and, they are still married, too....nice guy, and I remember him getting his karate black belt, and then he started instructing karate classes....I lost contact with him, after that....we use to kid him about that nose, too, which he got busted, while practicing karate.

Music industry must be a tough business....he dang sure looks lots older than me!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k7sgowa3p8
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-09-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

I remember that song well. It was very popular.
    However I always thought the group that sung it was ELO.
    I was wrong and learned something new today!
    Very cool Edwin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Wow, I haven't heard that song in a long time, but it's one I really like!

I remember it well. I got out of the military in 1975 and went into business building custom Cadillacs (Pick-ups and Station Wagons) with my dad for a couple years. When this song was released, I was doing all the final assembly on the cars and always had a radio playing in the shop. They played this song regularly. Odd how certain songs will many times remind one of a specific time and place. Here is a copy of one of our sales brochures from 1976.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Someone write this day down. Thumper replied to an "oldie" song thread without relating it to some weird story about hitting some young chick while hanging upside down in a hammock.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Man, that is a golden oldie. I'd forgotten about that song but remembered it as soon as the guy started singing. So you classmate is Starbuck's lead singer?

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    That is a great old tune.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    So your classmate is Starbuck's lead singer?

BKB

Yep, he sure is....and, his wife, Peggy(Denman), is HOT !!!....couldn't keep my eyes off her, when we double-dated or hanging out with them.....actually, it was during our junior college years, late '60s....btw, he was a track star, too....he was swoof on his feet, too.

Here's a couple more of his songs....Jim's Café is actually a little Lebanese café hangout, in his hometown of Greenville, MS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPdHc7ezNHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itw4HcaLOlM

I ran across a current pic of them at a David Foster concert....Peggy is still looking mighty fine !!!

peg.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-10-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Love the curb feelers on that Caddie Camino whatthefuckISthatthing?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

That's pretty cool stuff Eddie.

Lenster, we called the "El Camino" thing, the "Mirage". Back in the day, it was like a Mirage. People would sometimes not be too sure if they were really seeing what they were seeing. Dealers would order new Caddies and have them delivered to us straight from the factory. We'd do our magic and deliver them to the dealership. We ONLY sold through Cadillac dealerships. Evel Knievel bought the very first prototype (a '74 model) and liked it so much, he bought a production car in '75. It can be seen hauling one of his bikes into the stadium in his movie Viva Knievel! (I think that was the one). As for the curb feelers, those came with the cars back then. Since the cars belonged to the dealer, we'd leave 'em on even though Dad hated them!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I've never heard either one of those other songs you posted, but I really enjoyed the Doin Nothing song. The art work in that video was outstanding. Made me want to buy a ticket for the coast right now!