Thread: Beef Prices

Beef Prices

Hooray to you cattlemen that held on to your stock when shit got really tough a few years back. Had to run to the store to get something for supper last night and looked at ribeye steaks. I mean plain old ribeyes, not cowboy cuts or prime ones. $14.99 a pound. Those were going for $5.99-$6.99 a pound just a coupe years ago. Hell, I can't hardly afford to eat beef very much any more. Still, I hope some of that is making it to the guy with the cows.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I know it's crazy, I am sure glad I get my beef from Chris for way below market. I will say though last time I bought a whole ribeye from him for the 4th of July I had to pay $9.50 p/lb granted it was USDA choice. I used to pay about $7.80 for that.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

We are selling at insane prices right now.
    6 weight yearlings are bringing better that 2 dollars a pound.
    Old cows 10, and 11 years old not giving calves anymore are going for unheard of prices.
    Never seen anything like this. Wish I had a zillion more right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Funny you mentioned that cause we have the same prices up here. I was talking to the Boss this morning and said that I don't care what it costs but I NEED a steak tonight. Sick to death of fish, chicken and pork, I want BEEF! Might have to take out a small loan but come hell or high water I'm eating a decent steak tonight.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    We have not been eating much beef for the past 4 or 5 years, if we do eat beef it's ground chuck.
    Wife can't eat it, so neither do I. Chicken, pork and fish is our meat.
    The few times I've ordered a nice steak at a restaurant I pay dearly for it at night, feels as if I have two pounds of lead in my system, can't sleep,very uncomfortable feeling.
    I'll let you eat mine share.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

We don't eat near as much of it as we used to. Up until a few years ago, we had steak EVERY Friday night. Now its about once a month. We'll have a beef roast and much on the leftovers for a few days but thats about once a month too. any more, when I grill burgers I grill myself a braut burger and make beef patties for everyone else. So I hear ya. But I do get a hankerin' for a ribeye and a few cold beers once in a while and all the damned chickens in Arkansas won't make that hunger go away.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar