Thread: Doctor Visit

Doctor Visit

Went to my doc this morning and Obamacare hasn't killed him yet, although to listen to him you'd think he's in the poorhouse. He has a nice big new Chevy truck like Bucky's parked outside his office though so I imagine he's doing at least as well as Bucky is.

I went to see him because my weight is getting out of control, as is my blood sugar and to hear my wife tell it, my attitude. I guess I'm not being as tolerant of folks as I should be. Hmmmm..

Anyway, the doc just confirmed what I knew before I got there.....I'm too damned fat, too damned old, and too damned ugly for it to make any difference. who says Obamacare isn't working?

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Wow.

Welcome, man. Welcome.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    We've been expecting you
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Ah ha! This would explain the no pictures of Dogtooth..... You don't want us to call you a fat-ass.

And you ain't alone on the fat deal.
    I weighed 165 to 170 most my career.
    Started climbing the fat ladder the last couple of years I worked. Always said I'd cut my throat if I got over 200. About Turkey season I had a little doctors visit and tipped the scales at 215! That is WAY too heavy for my short frame.
    Been going to the gym and running and I'm at 205 today. Just been eating better and working out. Sure would like to see 175 again but I doubt I ever will....
    I feel your pain!

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'd be ecstatic to see 215
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Last edited by Sunshine; 10-25-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Did he say anything about being an asshole? Sounds like Julie did

two words, low carb. Not Atkins, not south beach, none of that silly shit. Just stop eating sugar, anything with flour or starches, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.

There's still PLENTY of things you can eat and not feel like you're on a diet or limit intake at all. You'll get a craving for carbs in the first week, then watch the lbs fall off.

Introduce carbs back slowly. Works like a champ. If you don't want the lbs to come back, move around.

You're welcome.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Did he say anything about being an asshole? Sounds like Julie did

two words, low carb. Not Atkins, not south beach, none of that silly shit. Just stop eating sugar, anything with flour or starches, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.

There's still PLENTY of things you can eat and not feel like you're on a diet or limit intake at all. You'll get a craving for carbs in the first week, then watch the lbs fall off.

Introduce carbs back slowly. Works like a champ. If you don't want the lbs to come back, move around.

You're welcome.
    Why live???
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    BBP, sounds like we go to the same doctor. If not they must be directly related some how.

I know what to do, its just doing it. and its not like I'm that overweight. The whole reason I went to him in the first place is my weight never changes over 5-7 pounds over the course of a year and usually in the summer when I'm more active is when its on the low end of that scale. This summer though I gained about 12 pounds, my blood sugar is out of friggin control, and I've been having heart flutters. Add to that just generally feeling tired and grumpy and it points to what MAY be a thyroid condition of some sort or at least something out of the ordinary. I just have to limit my intake to 1800 calories or so a day and exercise every day and I can get my weight to where I want it. Problem is, when I was hot on the exercise trail in early summer I was actually gaining weight. So something is rotten in Denmark (I thnk). My doc just thinks I'm a fat asshole. And by the way, he hates Obama.

BKB

Fat CURMUDGEONLY asshole.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Who would go to a doctor that LIKES Obama????

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Who would go to a doctor that LIKES Obama????
    Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Fat CURMUDGEONLY asshole.
    That means I'm turning into a Republican!

BKB

Newt Gingrich resents that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    That means I'm turning into a Republican!

BKB
    Huh... Well, you musta got a raise!

You're welcome.
    Sounds dandy except for one little thing, I'm one of the 2% of the population that low carb diets don't work for. There's some fancy sounding medical term for it, I disremember what it is. Guess I'm one of the chosen ones
    Albert Einstein

Last edited by Sunshine; 10-25-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    If I drank 8 glasses of water a day I'd get my exercise just walking to the pisser.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Can I just drink 8 beers a day? They're mostly water anyway.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Can I just drink 8 beers a day? They're mostly water anyway.

BKB
    And there's your cans for lifing as well!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Twelve ounce arms curls might be just the ticket!

BKB

I have one of those really big Turvis tumblers, and I drink ice water from the fridge all day long.
    I cannot remember the last time I had a Diet Coke, and it has been at least 7 or 8 months since I've had any alcohol.

Fortunately, my well water tastes BETTER than bottled water!!!!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org