That reminds me of a story my cousin told me. He lives down in SW Arkansas on the original family homestead. He was losing calves pretty seriously a few years ago and thought for sure he had a mountain lion loose down there. So he took one of the carcasses and chained it to a tree and then got up in a climbing tree stand and watched it all night. I guess sometime during the night one of the bears that had been raiding his calves came back and started in on that carcass he had chained up below him. That was when he figured out his light had stopped working. He said it took a long long time for that sun to come up. He finally got the game and fish folks involved and come to find out there was a lady that lived across the river that was feeding bears and had about thirteen of them coming around her place. The Game and Fish folks had to trap them and relocate them at a pretty big expense. He said he lost about ten calves that year to bears. He has no love lost for them and if one sets foot on his farm it's toast.

BKB