Thread: CD your boy

CD your boy

Bryce Harper got ejected for being a smartass. And it seems its his opinion that people don't pay money to see umpires, they pay to see HIM!

He's an ass, I'm telling ya, and sadder still, his view is the majority view so .i'm prolly in the small minority here. Basically, hecthinks he's abigger deal than the game. I'm starting to hope for an injury and that's not a good thing to root for. But he's an ass.

BKB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eps-out-of-box

You're a curmudgeon. Harper is awesome. Cocky, yes. Ass? no.

I don't mind cocky as long as it can be backed up. Being cocky and not being worthy of said cockiness make someone an ass. To me, anyway.

And hello? Who do you think the fans were hoping to see play really well last night? Who is putting asses in empty seats? What he said is true about what people are paying for. It's entertainment and a sport. I don't think he thinks he's bigger than the game though. He's just a kid with a large ego and the skills to backup any junk he talks.

Now, if he played on the Cards and did the same thing, he'd be an ass.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I guess using your logic, its the umps we should be ejecting for arguing balls and strikes with twenty something millionaires.
    I'll just keep yelling Kill the umpire! And leave it at that.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    If he was on the Cards and did the same thing, he'd either be in Memphis or Boise.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I was watching the Cards while ago with my 97 year old grandmother and the first baseman made one hell of a play on a forced out.

The center fielder made a good one too. That was about the only highlights for the Cards today though.this weekend series with the Royals is going to be exciting. We're gathering with our Mizzou kin at my house tonight and will be dodging thumderstorms with them all weekend so I imagine the ball game might be on a day or two.
    Len knows how these gatherings go!
    BKB

I miss that! I need a reason to go to Oklahoma!

Her name is Matilda. And when I last saw her seven years ago this month she weighed 10.2 lbs. i can take you to the exact spot she lives.

That reason enough?

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Pffft. You and Bucky keep kidding yourselves.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I was at the game last night and got to thinking about this post. As far as I'm concerned, Harper plays the game the way he should. He plays the game harder than anyone, asks no quarter and gives none. He's old school in your face and he feeds off the reaction of opposing fans and teams. So, all y'all Cardinal fans can just keep on hating. Opposing pitchers can keep on plunking him and he'll keep on making you pay by by taking an extra base on a single to right and then stealing home. The next at bat he'll dare you to do it again by dragging his foot across your logo on the way to the batter's box just to say, "Bring it."

And Bucky, your thought that the mighty Cardinals would send the guy who leads the majors in runs, walks, OBP and slugging to the minors for that is laughable.

I didn't say the Nats would. I said the Cards would. Especially if George Kissell was still alive. And Memphis was minors. Boise is not, it's "bye, go home"....otherwise known as "designated for assignment". Course, he'd never clear waivers......

But he's on fire, for sure. Statistically, he's MVP. But you never, ever show up an opponent.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

There's nothing old school about showing up opponents and thinking he's the reason people go see one. He acts exactly like Barry Bonds acted. And that stuff will come home to roost one day.

BKB

You're both delusional.

About many things.

But not alone here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...322_story.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8875/

http://chadpicasner.blogspot.com/201...ing-worse.html

https://www.facebook.com/mlb?_rdr

Delusional is apparently contagious.

And perspective is reality for most folks.

But I'd draft him on my Fantasy Team.

Bravado and machismo from athletes is always controversial. I've always held the same belief whether it was one of "my guys" or not. If you can walk the walk, you can talk the talk if that's your showboat thang. A good case in point was Deion Sanders with the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys, I hated Sanders. But I defended his attitude and antics because back in the day, that dude could score if you put the ball in his hands. I used to get some sideways looks for defending that arrogant prick

Bucky, perspective is always reality. 9 out of my 10 shrinks have confirmed that for me, time and again
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Yes, Len. But MY reality, not yours.

Sheesh.

Wrong again Bucky. HER reality.

No biggie. He'll be a Yankee in two years anyway, and then we can all hate him.

BKB

THEN, he'll be a total asshole.

Hard to argue with that...

Arguing sports is a perfect use of testosterone.

I think we should body shame someone. Its all the rage.

BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Hey, the Yankee players are perfect gentleman. Now if you were talking Red Sox
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein