Thread: Captain and Mudman will be proud

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Captain and Mudman will be proud

I did not try and fix it myself. I called a repair guy, and he's on the way.

Leaving next Wed for a week of camping at Greers Ferry (ugh) for the annual family reunion on wife's side. So, I go out and hook up the water to the camper (no, I ain't used it all year, long story, and yeah, I hate it too) and a water leak throws water everywhere.

Lowe's installation plumber put in a new kitchen faucet last year (in the camper). It worked through one or two camping trips. Now it's leaking big time. Well, no........the faucet is not. The line feeding the faucet is. It's the line that came on the camper.

I drained the lines last winter. I drained AT the "low water point". I did it right. I added RV antifreeze. Yet this line has a broken plastic connector (like a garden hose connector, sorta). I can't get to it. I also can't see what it attaches too, but water is leaking both under trailer and inside trailer. I know less about plumbing than I do electricity.

So, I called the plumber that put it in. Out of business!!! Geez.

So, I called the local RV place. They can get to me...............after August is over!!

Local RV service tech gave me two guys' names. I called the first, and after 3 calls to arrange, he's supposedly on his way. But he's late.

We'll see.........I got to get this fixed by Monday or suffer divorcal consequences.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Oh DANG! Please, please, please attempt a repair yourself. This place has been boring lately.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Going broke buying and shipping stools.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

He just left. It's fixed. Not too awful bad. And I didn't sweat much watching. Check writing was a bit hard.

After owning three campers thru the years, I can tell you this from experience....they are notorious for freezing and busting water lines....also, there have been numerous recalls on those compression fittings, as well as the butyl water lines....next time, don't just drain the lines, blow them out with an air compressor, and leave all the faucets and drains wide open.
    JMHO.
    Southern Gentleman

Blow them out with an air compressor? Where would he find one of those?

BKB

I asked the guy the proper way to 'winterize' and after about 3 minutes, my eyes glassed over. If I have to do all he said, I'm lost. Your idea sounds better.

Besides, I have intentions of actually camping in the winter........in Arkansas that's very doable. It's just that this last winter (Jan - Mar) it snowed, and iced, and snowed, and iced, and froze, and I felt like we were in Flin Flon, Manitoba. And if you camp, you can't winterize.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Blow them out with an air compressor? Where would he find one of those?

BKB
    In my shop.

What part of Greers are you going to ?

Devils Fork.
    B06

If I'm up next weekend I'll stop by. I'm really close to that .

Jonesboro is close to Devils Fork???

You got my cell..........call away. I ain't taking my boat,so I'll be bored out of my gourd when the 'family get together' ain't going on. I think the "Big Eat" is Friday night, not sure. Last year it was Saturday. I'm there till Monday mid day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Jonesboro is close to Devils Fork???

You got my cell..........call away. I ain't taking my boat,so I'll be bored out of my gourd when the 'family get together' ain't going on. I think the "Big Eat" is Friday night, not sure. Last year it was Saturday. I'm there till Monday mid day.
    I have a house at Edgemont, we usually go up on the weekends this time of year .

I like red meat. Also pasta dishes. And shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I like red meat. Also pasta dishes. And shade.
    In Greers, you have a choice of sonic and big mouth pizza ! I do have a 21ft hard top on my boat tho .

No dipwad. I meant for YOU TO COOK. Smoked ribs would be good too.

Yeah, I don't see that happening ....... that's winter sport for me !

Well geez. And I liked you.

So come by and sit in the shade in a zero gravity chair and talk to me in the shade. I might even feed you if you time it right. I'm a better person than you, it appears.

Motels/Hotels are a zillion times cheaper than camping. Including room service.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Is Franks on the corner there before you cross the Narrows still open? Used to be the only game in town. We used to camp at Sugarloaf area every summer and watch the fireworks at Fairfield Bay on the 4th. Those were some hot summertime fish camps!

Had my first bite of frsh fried walleye on that lake may moons ago.

BKB

Is Franks on the corner there before you cross the Narrows still open? Used to be the only game in town. We used to camp at Sugarloaf area every summer and watch the fireworks at Fairfield Bay on the 4th. Those were some hot summertime fish camps!

Had my first bite of frsh fried walleye on that lake may moons ago.

BKB
    No Franks, I honestly don't remember it and I've been going there 40 years now .

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    No Franks, I honestly don't remember it and I've been going there 40 years now .
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

SLAM!!! BURN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Then you aon't got much of a memory. Was at the intersection of the road where you turn off of 16 going north, I think it'd be, onto the road that'll take you to the Sugarloaf rec area. It's honestly been since the 80's that we went there for four or five years in. Row, but Franks was a landmark.

BKB

Then you aon't got much of a memory. Was at the intersection of the road where you turn off of 16 going north, I think it'd be, onto the road that'll take you to the Sugarloaf rec area. It's honestly been since the 80's that we went there for four or five years in. Row, but Franks was a landmark.

BKB
    That's a long ways from the Narrows, and before you argue, that's where I keep my boat .

There is a C Store there, not sure the name. 16/92 corner......... got food and stuff. I have never stopped there.