As I stated earlier ... I just do the basics ... surf, work on eBay and just general stuff ... nothing heavy. What would be ideal is to do what I'd originally planned, buy a new P/C for my office and use my laptop when we travel. I'd love to be able to simply "clean up" the laptop (basically go back to default in a way) and get a few more years out of it. I'm basically computer illiterate and my previous computers have either been toast (h/d failure) or so outdated, the o/s was antiquated. I have no clue what TSR is. I've done the "defragmentation thing" but that hasn't really helped that I can tell. Is there something more detailed that a shop would do? Would I simply take it to a shop and say, "Here, make it like new again?" I have all sorts of personal data on this thing, bank accounts, credit card info, that sort of stuff. Is that a problem if I hand it over to a shop? I normally pull the hard drive out of my computers and dump 'em in the trash when they crap out, then use the hard drives for target practice.